Unsolvable problem.

vapor lock was common in the carburatored days. the cure was to crack ( slightly open) a fuel line to " let the vapor out". AND reduce the fuel pressure. REMEMBERING the engine is still flooded - will not start till the fuel evaporates or is "cleared" or sometimes will start with ether. it happened once to my injected jeep. I used ether. vinn

-

To the OP

Has this been corrected?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Yes it has sorry been so busy with work. Placed the part on it correctly, and have had 0 problems since, but we will see when it gets really hot and humid. Looking for some ZJ seats now to replace the old Cherokee ones, and I even found a spare tire carrier for 175$ that was modified to fit on a stock rear bumper! Reinforced with steel in several places, and it looks cool. Been a good couple weeks! 👍👍👍 thank you once again!!

Glad you got it fixed. There is additional heat shielding you could use.
Also check that you don't have an intake or exhaust leak. That will raise the exhaust temp and just be hotter in that area.

Did the part cost you anything and did you or the dealer put it on? This would make a good how to with pics.

101270_640jpg8580-1.jpg

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Glad you got it fixed. There is additional heat shielding you could use.
Also check that you don't have an intake or exhaust leak. That will raise the exhaust temp and just be hotter in that area.

Did the part cost you anything and did you or the dealer put it on? This would make a good how to with pics.

101270_640jpg8580-1.jpg

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

i don't bother with dealerships. I just got it from Amazon. Where did you get that heat shield? I am absolutely going to add that if you tell me where/how you came across that. I have the fever now to customize my jeep a bit more since this ridiculous problem has been fixed. You guys have created a monster, haha.

Back