upper half doors ?

islandguy89

does anyone know if the tj upper door halfs will fit on yj half doors i am in need of some upper door halfs and i cant find any with the rounded corners and the ones that i did find from quadratec are like $300 or if anyone knows where i could get them cheaper that would be great thanx

i don't think they are interchangable.

I just recieved some YJ upper windows for half steel doors in the mail today, and i found out they do not work with a hard top do to the windows being squared, and hardtop being curved..i wish i had looked closer before buying, i guess now i have a reason to buy a soft top though

i don't think they are interchangable.

I just recieved some YJ upper windows for half steel doors in the mail today, and i found out they do not work with a hard top do to the windows being squared, and hardtop being curved..i wish i had looked closer before buying, i guess now i have a reason to buy a soft top though

Unfortunately the design of the soft top 1/2 door is different between the YJ & TJ at the top rear of the door. TJs are rounded, YJs are squared.

the tj doors will work--not perfect--i just bent the pin that is closest to the latch, out, towards the inside of the jeep--the two front pins line up perfectly--the fab fix is to cut of the pin and fab it up correctly--but this is how i threw them on my jeep--ac

^ I read what you posted in my FS thread...so i need TJ uppers with TJ frames?

i put mine on the other day in a few minutes-i had no uppers and it is starting to get cool in alabama--mine are not fitting perfectly but like i said i threw mine on---but they still look alright--but i did put tj doors on a yj--you can too--let me know how it goes or if i can help--hope this helps--ac

i forgot to tell you that i cut the pins off first i think they were too long--also ground the pins down--they were tight going in the pin inserts--hope this helps--ac

i get what you're saying...so using the TJ windows w/ YJ half door should work then? do you know anyone who has that setup? i mean how different could the doors possibly be

my 92 yj has rounded upper doors
im looking for the squared cornered soft upper cause now i have a gap there.
its cold and its raining. but what do i kno bout cold its cali.

Back