USMPK9 - - not since 9/7/2003

bcvfd1135

Once again, Salutations Fellow Jeepers,

Been awhile I know, but recent events have prompted me to attempt and
resume the mission Jhiggins and I once had.

Help anyone, who wants to do more with their Jeep.

Josh and I built our Rigs together, with much assistance
from you here.

I currently use my Rig to protect life and property in the
Eastern Piney Forest of Texas as a Volunteer Fire Fighter,
and know that alot of you old timer's wondered what happened
after Jhiggins death. I just gave up the net for awhile, but never
gave up My Jeeper way of life. Learned alot roaming the forest
and hope I may resume my contributions here.

Thanks,
K9 OUT
Michael BCVFD 1135 (USMPK9)

It's great to see you on Jeepz again, Welcome back!

Sure glad to see you back.
I guess I got started here right after Jhiggins' passing.

I sure don't want to sound bad here, but I've only been able to read a little about him. Would you feel comfortable giving us a little background for those of us who came to the board later? He left such a big impact on everyone, I would like to know more about who he was, if it wouldn't be considered to be out of line.

Last edited:
Josh was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. He is the type that would give you the shirt off his back. He was a great member here at Jeepz.com. He was the type who always welcomed a newcomer...answered any questions that he could.....was always encouraging....and lived by the old rule "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". When he found out that I lived close to him, he PM'd me to invite me to wheel with him and Michael (USMPK9). I did not have the wheeling experience that Josh or Michael had nor did I have as capable a rig as they had. They wanted my experience to be good so they did their best to show me a good time. Josh offered to help me work on my Jeep a few times. He was just one of those special people that you meet that have a positive impact on EVERYONE they came in contact with.

One Sunday morning while getting ready for church I heard that one of the security officers at Ellington air force base was in a fatal accident while on duty. I knew that Josh was working that night and just had a bad feeling that this was him. After church I made a few calls to find the name of the officer and was devastated when I found out that it was Josh.

His memorial service was a very touching one that showed the positive impact that he had on all those around him. The members here at Jeepz contributed money to buy a very nice floral arrangement and there was even money left over to help out his fiancé.

I really appreciate you taking time to write that.
I didn't realize that Josh and me did the same job in the military. I feel we would have had alot in common.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Deerhunter30 said:
and lived by the old rule "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I sure could do better by following that.....really wish I'd known him, and I envy those of you who did.:(

Awesome to see you back. We could use another old school Jeepz person around here.

Could also use the Tech.

Dang what a great thing to see you back on board. I too have been AWOL from jeepz and have missed it very much. Working hard and trying to get back into the swing of things. Again Welcome Home Troop! tug

Thanks all,
Deer Hunter, you did well with your post on Josh.
We are all better for the time he spent here.

Bounty, Mingez, Tug, all the old timers....
Appreciate the kind words.
SPECIAL thanks to Mr. Mason for all of
his help in reviving the 'old Dawg Handler'

I'll have to get some updated photos
of The TJ with all the additions since
last you saw. Got to run for now, the
trails are calling.

K9 OUT

Welcome back!! It's good to see the old gang again - kinda like a family reunion. I was recently thinking about you guys and 1 by 1 you've been popping back up.

Back