Vintage VW Street Machines Contest

tardis454

Hey Jeepz.com, haven't been here in ages, glad to see the forums still going strong!
I've been building my V8 S-10 & working on my wife's 70's VW dune buggy.
My father in law gave us his VW dune buggy & I'm in the process of restoring it.
I recently got an email from Appletree Auto saying they're having a VW contest.
So, I entered...

Voting started July 9th & ends Aug 9th. You can vote a couple times daily (clear browser) until Aug 9th.
The prize is a gift card to their VW parts store which we could use to finish the restoration.
Check out the link below & vote if you can. Thanks for the support & wish us luck!

View Entries - Appletree 1ST Annual Online Car Show

buggy2.jpg

Here's a few more pics...

The side curtains...

SDC10688-1.jpg

It's butt (those are Corvair taillights)

buggy1-1.jpg

That face :)

buggy5-1.jpg

The controls.

buggy4-1.jpg

i love it, an i always wanted a dune buggy in that style ever sence i watched speed buggy as a child

image-1165698712.jpg

i love it, an i always wanted a dune buggy in that style ever sence i watched speed buggy as a child

View attachment 13899

I spent many Saturday mornings watchin Speedy Buggy. :D

It's a cool toy, I can't wait to finish it & take it to the beach!

We made it to 3rd place overnight guys/gals!
Thanks for the votes, keep them votes coming in!!!

We're 300 votes outta first place. I know there are enough members on this site alone to win this contest single handed. Help us go in for the WIN !!! :MDB2:

how do you clear browser? every time i open the link it says i voted already.

superj do you know how to clear your cache? I can't really explain it from my iPhone but if you dont know how the tool is in system tools, if you're using xp or vista.

I just vote from all the spots I have Internet access. So it's five votes total

There are some bad ass buggies there. Yours is still the coolest. My vote is logged.

Thanks man! Too bad we're 400 votes outta 1st place :???:

We made it to 500 votes, but there's still a long way to go. Keep the votes coming in we need every vote we can get!!!:D

We're well on our way to 600 votes but still have a long way to go. I re-read the contest rules & realized what's happening. There are 2 classes, Vintage VW Street (I entered our buggy in this class) & VW Off Road. Currently we are in 1st place in the Vintage VW Street category! The 2 top guys are in the Off Road class. At any rate please keep the votes coming in we still need all the votes we can get!!!

Back