water in floorboard

eklypze79

I just bought a 2002 jeep iberty renegade i was driving through some mud puddles last night and whn we went to get in in this morning the front passenger floorboard had alot of water in it. what could have caused this and what can i do about it? only had it for a week

Was the a/c on when you drove it last?, was it raining the night before?.

it was raining hard when i was driving it last night the a/c wasnt on
im wondering if it didnt come from the windshield cause the rubber mats had water on top of them but nothing else was wet

just went out and pulled the carpet up and ther was about 2in of water and some of my wires were sitting in the water............great

The best way to test for water leaks is to sit inside with a bright flashlight with all the windows rolled up and someone else is outside with a garden hose running the water around the passenger side roof, windshield, cowl area. Make sure that the carpet is pulled up to where you can see if the floor is accumulating water. trace the water source from there.

I have a 77 CJ5 and water stays in my floor board...of course that may be due to river crossings...lol

The seal on my S-10 windshield dried out and that would let water in. My driveway is on a slight incline so I could not see it leak but if I checked it after a rain there would be a puddle. When the guys replaced the glass (easier than replacing the seal) they said the stuff they use to use was real bad about drying out..

I found it by cleaning the inside of my windshield, then let it sit in the sun after a rain. I could see the streaks the water made on the inside.

we got to really checking it out and the water is comming in from the side of the windshield and running down the in the plastic of the dash on the side.

If it's there's a void between the glass and the frame, you can use a permatex flowable silicone sealer for windshield and glass. Part # 81730. Just cut the tip of the nozzle big enough to get inbetween the glass and frame and let the sealer flow to the void to seal it. let it cure and your water leak is solved. Make sure you wipe off any silicone sealer thats visibly in excess of what you need to fix the issue.

Back