Water/Oil in air cleaner

woofty

I have a 1982 J10 Jeep with the 4.2 inline 6-cylynder. Over the last couple months I noticed a watery oil mix on the inside of my valve cover oil fill cap. The mocha colored mix right away had me worried about a bad head casket. However I have had zero water loss, no white smoke and no sign of water in the oil, either on the dip stick or in the oil when I changed it. A friend suggested blowing out the line between the PCV valve and the valve cover. After doing this my jeep ran better right away, except it seemd to idle rougher after the choke kicks off. I thought maybe I disturbed a vacum line, but they seem to be still in order so I am a little puzzled there. Any suggestions? Also now two weeks after doing that once again I found that mocha colored mix inside my air cleaner. Would this suggest the PCV valve is bad? Also maybe coincidental, but I notice my oil pressure gauge drops to almost nothing once the truck is warm. But the truck runs great at higher RPM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex

Back