We dun need yer stinkin sportscar

Now THAT was an awsome commercial.

LOVE IT! :mrgreen:

That's impressive.... great commercial idea to catch the attention of those who are all about thinking that you have to be small to go fast

I'm hoping I never see a Wrangler commercial like that - maybe against an Audi and Beemer up the side of a mountain

I notice though that they didn't mention any skidpad numbers... :roll:

That is part of that show they have on that jeep channel on direct tv. I think i have it figured out. Channel 611 pops up from 7 to 11 pm and it all one big test drive of the new GC.

Those might be real numbers for those cars they tested against, but i would hardly consider that a sample of the sports cars on the market today.

15.25 is not too shabby for a quartermile for that jeep though.

But the mitsubshi evo 8 and the subaru wrx sti are both sub 14 seconds in the quarter mile. And 0-60 times for a good number of sports cars are sub 6 seconds.

Personally, my mr2 does 0-60 in 6.2 seconds, 1/4 in 14.7 seconds and has a 110 ft 60-0 in breaking (i don't know how that converts in to 70-0 though). That is in stock trim, 2.0L turbo charged engine at 9-11 lbs of boost with about 160 hp at the rear wheels.

So I think it is a fair test, but the opponents were chosen for a reason.

Who_Cares said:
Point is, 5.7l Hemi will blow A LOT off the road.

Especially an Audi 1.8 liter 4 w/180 hp and a BMW 2.5 liter 6 w/184 hp. Whew......that's some pretty impressive competition.

:wink: :lol: 8)

I really like the new grand but.... What do you think it would take to put a Solid front axle in one of those?

jps4jeep said:
I really like the new grand but.... What do you think it would take to put a Solid front axle in one of those?

A vehicle company that is trying to sell off-road vehicles, instead of luxury sedans with 4X4... :roll:

Back