Weber carburetor installation

mkbakker

Hi guys I have a quick question, I just ordered a new Weber carburetor 32 36 for my cj7 258 4.2L. And I keep hearing this carb only uses one vacuum line, what do I do with all the other lines, is this going to be an issue. I'm just a diy'r and carb's and vacuum lines are my nemesis. Any quick tips on the installation is most welcome.

Now would be a good time to do a "nutter bypass" . As to that there is a good amount of info on this site, I installed one on my dad's yj with a 4.2 (which already had the nutter bypass done). Make sure you get a fuel pressure regulator and gauge so you don't run to high of pressure to the carb.

for sure get a regulator, or a have a return line and put a t in the line so the extra pressure goes back to the tank.

also, google using a vacuum gauge for a carb. it will help with tuning. webers are kind of finicky but once you get it set, it will be solid. the 32/36 is a great carb

you have a 79? carb is diff than the early to mid 80,s jeeps. Question for the other guys, with it being a 79 is the nutter still needed? I honestly don't no what the nutter does is why im asking. seems all the jeeps getting the nutter are mid 80,s and up?

Back