Weeeee Are The Champions...

Special_K

Hey ya'll, I gotta gloat a little here...

<begin gloating>

I just got back home from the final playoff game which my team won this evening. :D :D :D We stayed a little later than normal for celebratory B.S., harrassment, trophies, etc. Now I can look forward to that nice big bonus payment of 150%...150% of ZERO dollars, that is. hahahaha. I get a trophy and a crystal puck, that's it. And Crystal!!!...and our main sponsor is a jewelry company! What the puck? I want a diamond puck!! :) For now, I'll have to settle for the sweet smell of victory.

Since we were in first place most of the season we may move up a division but I dunno know yet. I also could get traded to/picked up by another team (the best players on the team make me look like crap). One guy can shoot from as far as clear across the rink and hit the net HARD and DEAD ON...EVERY TIME!!! :shock: I understand he's had an offer from a pro team at some point...not sure about the story behind that and why he's still fooling around with us. Anyway, I did get an indication tonight that the sponsor wants me to stay on. We'll see...

In the meantime I may have a little break and a little more free time for a while but I start a training clinic next week...ya see, I, on the other hand, have this little shot problem...like it's my fault the goal isn't quite where I chose to shoot the puck...geeez. :roll:

Oh well, right now...its bed time.

</end gloating>

Congrats, Special_K!!!! Always feels great to accomplish a goal (or score one!!).

By the way, I think they're looking for players for the NHL next year.........you just never know!!

Congrats on the big win, Sometimes those "pro-caliper" players are really just messing around cause they have nothing else to do. In my buddy's mens fast pitch baseball league they had a guy who has major league pitching experience. He was just between jobs. So he just came in to pitch every so often and as soon as he gave up a hit he left the game. He just wanted to see how many nohit innings he could throw.

Congrats, Special K!! My son used to play a lot of hockey before he went into the Navy and got married. He tried out for one of the pro teams, I think in Georgia. I don't think he's even skated since then. Too much going on when he was in the Navy, and now he's in school and has a wife that won't let him have any fun.......

Thanks er-body!!!

Mud: Being a replacement NHL player would be way super cool, even if they're likely to put me on the comic-relief line. One can dream though... :) Maybe it would be like the movie "A League of Their Own". hahahaha.

Judge: That could be the case...or maybe it's a timing thing. I'm going to ask him what was up with that next time I see him. Someone told me some of the details earlier, but I obviously wasn't listening very carefully 'cause I don't remember a word.

Sparky: I hope your son didn't stop skating due to discouragement...by the try-out, that is, not the wife. There is another guy I know who tried out for the Albany River Rats but he was just below the cut line on that day...had his tryout been on either other different day (they were spread across 3 days), he would have likely made it above the cut line. That can really suck.

Off subject, but speaking of the guy (Steve) who tried out for the River Rats...I have a good "almost" story (a missed opportunity that I now regret). When Steve's not playing (and the NHL is), he helps out in non-playing roles with the Thrashers. So at one NHL game, between periods, Steve goes out onto the ice for his normal roles of prepping whatever, repositioning goals, etc. I'm in the stands with a couple of friends and tens of thousands of other spectators who, I imagine, could collectively seem somewhat ominous considering they all see you but you can't really fully see them. So I was dying to call his cell phone (provided he'd answer) and say in a threating whisper-like tone "I'mmmmmmm waaaaaaaatchiiiiiiinggg yoooooooou."

My primary reason for not doing it: Steve doesn't have a very good sense of humor. I should have done it anyway. Ohhh, the possibilities. :lol: :lol:

Back