Went wheeling today PICS are WORKING

Sully

Well,after my run to Last Chance Canyon about 1 month ago.I bent my front driveshaft and had a huge oil leak.Here's what I did,my dad fixxed the front driveshaft and we tightened up the oil pan bolts and poof,the jeep is not leaking so bad.We went out to miller jeep trail with dad's jeep and my CJ.
image-missing.png

When we got to the gas station 5 miles before the trail head.Checked the oil,and all was good with very minimal leakage of oil.
Aired down to 20 pounds,and went up the first hill.I let my older bro drive the first obstical which in my opinion is one of the coolest.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Both my dad and James went up the first hill fine.
image-missing.png

I let my bro drive a bit more up the first series of hills.
image-missing.png

Then I took over and went up an opptional rock section.I had a bad line the first time,but my bro's good spotting got me up it with 31's!
Then on up we went.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

That is a pic of my brother in my CJ,me in the middle,and my sister at the far_right.heh
Then we drove over the mountain and stopped at a turnoff like spot,and snapped an awsome pic of both jeeps with the mountains in the backround.Went down into the next valley.
And started up the long relentless climb up the hill covered with switchbacks.
image-missing.png
It was awsome and both jeeps did great.Then we rode along the ridges of the next mountain.When we decided to do "kobob hill" there was a huge boulder right in the way.So kobob hill isnt much of a challenge anymore being as there is a boulder the size of me in the way! :x
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Then we went down into the next valley.At the bottom we found the very same ranger we saw in May stranded and vandleized at the bottom of the hill.We also found a AAA recovery 80's pickup,it had rolled down the very steep hill we had just come down.It looked like the driver was flung from the vehicle when it started to roll.It had no roll cage and was totaly wrecked.The rear winch looked to be stolen off the bck and we found the hood 150 feet away from the truck :shock: .We think that the truck was sent to recover the ranger that has been here for so long.
We moved on to our lunchin' spot by the creek.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Next we started up the last and toughest hill on the trail.Boulders everywhere and good spots to get some flex shots.Driving up,I got high centered on my transfer/transmission skid plate on a big rock.I actually just eased off the rock and was never really stuck.Snapped a few more pics on our drive up.Got some great shots of dads(brian4.2)'s TJ.And we got a few good ones of my CJ.HEH :roll: We reached the top of alamo mountain and started our way down.After we got down from the mountain,we dropped into gorman O.R.V. park.There was a mud bog there and it suprisingly had water in it.Then my dad hit it jus to see how deep it was and deep it was.And boy am I glad he went and I watched,he dropped into it and did a nose dive and made it halfway across,then he highcentered on a rut!Can you belive that,on 33's?I yanked him out,then him and I hit it 5 more times until he staled.I yanked him out again and his jeep wouldn't start.So I pulled him at about 30 mph and he bump started his jeep.He actually pushed me for a bit,but his bumper was just pushing on my spare tire.We aired up and disco'd up and oh no!There is not enough pressure in our portable air tank to fill my tires,so Jmaes eased my jeep home on 20 pounds of pressure.When we got home,we looked a the jeeps.Now dad has a bron jeep like me,and my jeep is kinda whitish brown.They are so dirty and guess who is cleaning both of them tommorow inside and out.Yup you guessed it,I am.HEHE,All in all the run was great and hope to have plenty more like it.Hey,and if you guys want to join us.Just let us know.Would be awsome to wheel with some moe peeps. :) Sully

They are up,enjoy.

Re: used for?

Great trail report, Sully!

I always enjoy your "excellent adventure" posts and pictures.

Gadget will be driving over the river and through the woods to G-Mother's house in PA tomorrow, but I will look for the pics of your latest trail ride when I return home on Friday.

Regards and Happy T-Day!

Gadget

Sully,

That sounds like an awesome time dude! Great story and can't wait to see the pics. I am so glad to hear you got to wheel today, I know you were so looking forward to it after all those repairs to your jeep.

Did I miss a chat tonight? If so I am so sorry. I am such a tard, got busy and totally forgot! I will try to pop in from time to time though. I got out of the habit awhile back when I couldn't get into jeepz at all.

Take care dude, cant wait for the pictures!
Lady

99 wrangler stalling

Pics are up,at least some of them.Uhhhhh,I spent like an hour hosting them and putting them in place and now they just screw up.Ah well,I wish it would work so that you could read the story and see pics at the times that the events happened.Oh well,here is the link to the Album on this trip.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288478987

Pro comp Xterrains

take the ".orig" out of all of the url's... they'll show up

Sully,

Sorry the pics didnt come through, that had to suck. I went to image station though, don't mine doing that myself. The jeeps look great and you do look like you had a ball! Nice area you were running at. Congrats on the fun!

Lady

Nice pics, looks like fun. Hey Sully, I've always wondered why some people from California have blue license plates and some have white. I see them driving around here in BC all the time.

Blue plates like mine are old plates,from like the 80's.White one's are the new plates,late 90's to now.

Sully and brian,

Great pics!!! As always, thanks for sharing.

I enjoy the action shots of your Jeeps. I also enjoy looking at the majestic CA scenery.

We have hills and valleys in upstate NY, but not on the scale shown in your pics. You guys live and wheel in a beautiful place.

The scenery in your pics evokes memories of Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, the Lone Ranger and 25-cent Saturday matinee cowboy movies.

I can almost hear the William Tell Overture playing in the background as I look at the pics of your Jeeps charging over the landscape.

Yes...I know, I know...Tug-n-pull is likely one of the few who will understand what I am remembering.

Hi-Yo, Silver!!!!

Wannabe cowpoke and gun-slinging town marshal,

Gadget

Dang man, that trail looks BAD!!
that mud pit is driving me crazy im so jealous, see we do not have much mud here in the dry deserts of El Paso del Norte. Nice pics and i enjoyed reading that report.

Back