What did you do to your Jeep today?

Well, i got the new fuel pump on and it starts and runs great however, now my volt meter is not showing any alternator output, CRAP!! I guess i have to take it apart and see if i can order the diode in this alternator. :(

FINALLY I got the Jeep done!!! Played games with the fuel issues. Pulled the pump but that was fine. Replaced the relay and it seemed to work. Tested it one last time before I put it all together...... DEAD AGAIN!!!! Traced the issue to be a bad wire (still unknown location) so I wired the fuel pump to a switch so I can go on my camping trip. It seems to hesitate like its not getting enough fuel, Smash the gas pedel and it smooths out. What do you all think it could be? Fuel filter? Also got the new front and rear bumpers on.

Just like mine fix one thing then another. this is when the wife rolls her eyes and laughs. I love jeeps. Change the fuel filter that should do it if the pump is changed. Or a sensor if you have the computer still hooked up. Good luck

Installed new Cd player. Working on install of new speakers...all while snowing out. Will winter ever go away?

IT'S STORY TIME!!
Lately I have been wondering about the horse power my jeep has, and have been wanting to take my brother for a ride to get his opinion on wether he thought it was around the estimated hp comp cams gave me when I got my new cam back in the winter.
Well,, I was out driving around lastnight and came to a redlight. I was about the fourth car back and the next lane only had one car at the light, when this bad ass looking and sounding mustang creeps by me and revs his engine way up and pulls up behind the car at the light and revs it up again.. I thought to myself "why not" I've been wanting to know how the jeep will run, what better way to do it, (I was a little intimidated). The light turned green and when I could I got up next to him, we played the speed up alittle and let off game for a few then finally got to a redlight side by side. It was a teenage kid with his girlfriend. We gave eachother a nod and when the lightt turned green we went!! I got him off the line by about a half car then shifted to 2nd and TOTALLY MISSED IT (nothing but high reving engine). He must have known it because he let off just as he went by me, I hit 3rd and got back beside him and again we nodded and hit it. We went neck and neck all the way down the road neither one of us could gain an inch on the other. He let off of it about he same time I did as we were getting pretty fast on a usually pretty crowded stretch of road.
So I am pretty happy with the performance of my jeep after that. If I can run with a bad ass looking mustang with big 35X15.50 tires, IM HAPPY. OH, OH, I almost forgot (this is the best part of it). There was a girl in a slightly lifted yellow wrangler following us and trying to keep up, when we were done racing and the mustang was at a light, she drove by him shaking her head, like I don't think so... It was pricless.

Last edited:
I got my new tires put on after getting another flat, ended up sticking with 33's, I went with toyo open country mt's I live the look and they only make a slight hum on the hwy.

Attachments

• image-299169659.jpg
    image-299169659.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 326

Finally getting a winch on Monday. Heating a TMAX 8500lb. Very excited. Been 12 years and finally getting one.

Got the new brakes, calipers, cleaner and some paint

photobucket46851338167360678-1.jpg

Took me about 15 mins each side, after paint. All works fine now

photobucket98561338167388159-1.jpg

12 hours and two days later I Finished installing the Rock Hard Sport Cage. Bolt in. Ha ha ha

Attachments

• image-3194593649.jpg
    image-3194593649.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 264

Worked in yard 2 days solid getting the yards in shape for Mr son's grad party this next weekend. Jeep sat covered all weekend (rats). Guess i'll drive it to work.

Rock Hard Sport Cage & Windshield Header

Anyone have issues with the windshield header hitting the R.H. Clamps next to the windshield? I guess I need to grind a concave for the header to sit flat?

808CJ7 said:
Amc 20 is finally out. Dana 44 goes in tomorrow.

Just curious did it break or were you always enacting to replace it ?

blackcj said:
Just curious did it break or were you always enacting to replace it ?

This is the second amc 20 to die on me. The first snapped at shaft right at the flange. The second is killing the bearings and seals within a couple of months after replacing them. (bent tubes) Some folks have good luck with there 20's. I'm not one of them. Lol

Drove it over to see my brother. He bought a 2004 tj today. It's a patriot blue 4cyl soft top. I helped him get the doors off and he took it for a ride. I think the Jeep bug has bitten another.

Got my 44 axle in, took awhile cause I welded in new perches. All that's left is to install the brakes and some gear oil and old faithful is back on the road.

On my way home from the camping trip with more than half way to go. I lost my tunes. The CD player just died :( good thing I like the music of my 33" M/T's. This and the fuel filter will be on the back burner till I get home from FL

Back