what engine???

sabbath6

I have a 94 YJ w/ a four banger, would like to swap into a v-6 or I-6 what are the pros and cons? I'm relatively new to the mechanic aspect so I'm learning as i go.

Power is the obvious advantage. But I like/have the I-6 over the V6. The I6 has a great resume and I have known several poepl that have used it for over 200K. Change the oil and service the plugs/wires every now nd then and you have a "work horse" for life. The New Liberty has the V6 and has more power/torque but has not been proven. I do not see a need for a V8 unless you are doing some real serious stuff. Hope this helps.

i think a I-6cyd would have plenty of power, and has more tourqe than a v-6. but if your looking for both, big power&tourqe, drop a small block v-8, and just dont use all the power until you need it. [kinda like a crotch-rocket]. and if it's done right, you should get your money back, if you ever sell it.

Heres the deal.....whatever you change to, you will have to change the transmission and modify the transfer case. go with a 4.0 HO I-6, it has plenty of power to go as high as 37" tires and do ok, plus it is fuel injected(plus over the 4.2). if you go with a AX-15, the inpu shaft for the NP-231 will have to be swapped out for the bigger splinned in the 6 cyl models. but the down side is that the AX-15 is not able to handle too much so you would have to drive conservatively. if you want any engine other than jeep, expect to have to buy all the necessary adapters and the wiring harnesses.

Back