What goes round...comes round?

larrymo49

You guys in the cold climates have my deepest sympathy and I owe each and every one of you an apology.

On several posts back in January and February I crowed about the beautiful 70 and 80 degree sunshine here in North Central Texas....and now...

I have to eat crow...or snow...or whatever!

We're having a rare snow storm and cold temps. (at least cold for this part of the country) :shock:

I still hate cold weather!!!!

Larry

See pics below...

My Pictures (Small).jpg

My Pictures 011 (Small).jpg

Wait! That's snow? Are you sure that the truck doesn't have dandruff?

Hey, larrymo, I feel for ya'!!! I hate seein' frost on my windshield...................I thought I was far enough south that I could forget about that!! C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea whats up with that? 30's in Texas and up in PA its 60's?

The only thing I like about winter is I usually do all the maintainance on my Jeep then (change fluid in diffs, t-case, etc) and that's when I buy most of my mods and put them on.

Other than that, winter sucks! :lol:

Now c'mon cewtwo, remember, he's not jealous of our weather, he's showing you how crappy it is to live here! LOL JK, I love CO but I too can't stand the snow. But it beats the hell out of a summer in AZ!

Snow sucks. Winter sucks. But Summer's worse. I'm moving as soon as I'm done with school. CA, I'm coming back home where it's nice all year round and you drive to the mountains to see snow for a day. Where you get one week of ungodly above 95 degree days!

Okay...Okay....so it's not much snow, but people around here think any snowflakes are a novelty. They stay home from work and schools shut down if there is even a hint of snow or ice in the forecast.

We may see snow once a year for about 24 hrs. at the most...and then it's gone (Thank the Lord!)

This stuff today is supposed to be gone by noon tomorrow and will be in the 50's in the P.M...and in the 60's by Saturday.....yea!!!!

So it's snow today and gone tomorrow...

Did I say that I hate cold weather?

Larry

We feel for ya Larry...with that much snow on the ground the drive to work must be hard...people sliding off the road...and the snow plow drivers must have had to pull an all nighter! LOL

Ok it was a cheap shot..but I couldn't resist

We're about to get what Larry got. It is supposed to start snowing around noon and continue into the night. They are already planning on closing the schools early and I'm sure the grocery stores are packed with people stocking up on milk and bread in case they get snowed in.

The thing about getting snow here (and Texas, I'm sure) is that we rarely get it so when we do, it's a big deal. Even if it is just a dusting. People don't know how to drive on it, we don't have many, if any, snow plows and the salt trucks take days to get all the bridges covered.

I'm looking forward to it simply 'cause I have an excuse to leave work early. "schools are closed, sorry, I have to go get my daughter."

Birmingham is suppose to get it tonight and the morning. Thing is I have to be at the airport by 6:30 am. Heading to Vegas! I'll be working at the Con-Agg Expo all week but it will better than being at work!

B'ham...hope your flight wasn't delayed.

They cancelled 200 flights at DFW airport yesterday...

SouthTJ...well said!

Utah...you can joke but as SouthTJ said people really don't know what to make of the white stuff and accidents really do increase a lot....You ought to see how they drive when we have our more common ICE storms...

But right now it's a beautiful 55 degrees and sunshine without a trace of snow anywhere...anyone envious?????

Oh, by the way I have driven in snow and ice through the Colorado and New Mexico mountains several times in a carburated 2-wheel drive Ranger pickup with 400 lbs. of sand bags in the bed for extra rear weight and traction...a 4x4 would have been nice..but didn't have one at the time.

Stay safe where ever you are!!!

Larry

the salt trucks take days to get all the bridges covered.

We dont get that much snow, but the salt trucks cover everything the day before, the day(s) of, and beyond. Like you said, if you want bread and milk, you are SOL when snow is just FORCASTED here.

It's snowing here right now. I'm not going to get fired up about it though. We got back from Tahoe a few weeks ago and saw, drove and played in enough snow to last me a while. I might still get out and cut some donuts in the Jeep though. The snow should clean off that caked up mud on the tires pretty well.

Ok, we got "a little" snow yesterday and last night. It looks like about 6" to me. I can't remember the last time we had this much in Memphis much less in March. My 5yo is having a blast in it.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Your Jeep looks like it's smiling in that 1st picture Todd...must like the snow as much as your 5 y/o!

Larry

Lol, yeah my wife said it looked like it was smiling too. And if you will look at the top left in the first picture...yes that is the sun coming up. We were up at the crack of dawn as usual. The sun had melted all the roads by about 10:30 am and right now most of the yards are melted as well. Just the way I like a snow storm. Here yesterday and gone today.

Thats ok Larry...even the people here in Utah "forget" how to drive on the white stuff every time it snows here in the valley. Evey time we get more than a dusting we get around 200-400 accidents along the Wasatch front, from slide offs to rear end collisions....6 or 7 times each winter

That's right Utah...and some people don't even need any excuses to drive crazy.

Larry

Back