What is my TJ worth?

montana_jeepn

I may soon have to sell my beloved TJ and was needing an idea of how much I should ask if I do decide to sell.

03 TJ Sport, 4.0, 5spd, 7 spkr stereo, AC, 4 whl disc brakes, 3.73's, no dents, scratches or rust. 28k miles
3" BDS suspension - about 3 mos old
5 new 33 x 12.5 Yokahoma Geolander II (about 4k on them)
5 new American Racing aluminum rims
K&N FIPK Kit
TB spacer
Custom Cat-back
Bestop Tire Swing-away Tire Carrier
FRS BUMPERs ROCK KRUSHER (front and rear)
Rock Krusher step bars
It drives/tracks straight, doesn't use a drop of oil.

This isn't a for sale ad, as I really don't want to sell. But do you think $20k would be reasonable? I just want to know if I am being outrageous. Opinions please. Thanks!!

M_J

I'm the original owner. Approx $26k new at the dealer, then about $4k in mods/upgrades. So about $30k total.

I have a 2004 rubicon with 18,000 miles and i went to trade it for an unlimited rubicon. I paid 27,000 and one year later they want to give me 17,000 on trade in. They said my milage was way high for one year. What are you supposed to keep it in your driveway all the time. I would say trade in value on your jeep is about 13,000. Unless you didnt drive it much.

Greaseable boomerang shackles worth it?

About $18,000 or so around here, if it's clean.

Plus, to sell a vehicle and get what all the aftermarket work's worth is very tough! also some people would perfer not to buy a modded jeep for fear that is was beat on (not saying yours is)

18,000-19,500 range is what it is worth IMHO.

montana_jeepn said:
I'm the original owner. Approx $26k new at the dealer, then about $4k in mods/upgrades. So about $30k total.

I paid 25,800 for my 03 Rubicon brand new two years ago and it only has 13xxx miles on it. Mods include 5.5" of lift, New 35s, Custom Front & Rear Cage, Flat And Tube fendered, Tom Woods DS, 1" MML,Snorkel.
So like U I have alot of money into mine and I am having trouble trying to sell it. I have to agree some people dont want a modded vehicle, cuz they see it as been abused. Just my .02

Well, after going back and forth, I have decided to keep it. The whole reason for selling was to get a new GMC truck (just bought a house so a truck is so more practical for hauling lumber, etc) But instead, I am going to find an used one I can pay cash for and keep my beloved Wrangler. Thanks for the input from everyone!

It's a shame you can't get the $$$ you put into them......guess thats why they call them money pits? :)

M_J

Bought it new and modded it. Thats like the kiss of death. As a rule vehichles depreciate faster in the first year or two than any other year and getting pennies on the dollar is typical for mods. Its a shame but the truth.

Back