What would you pay for this Jeep

xt master

I am looking to buy another Jeep since mine will not pass state inspection.I found a 98 sahara but think they may be asking way to much for it.Any and all input would be great.

Lots of pictures on there website at AUTO BUDDIES, INC Web Site - Vehicle Details: 1998 JEEP WRANGLER

I did look it over extremely well.

The good things

2 inch lift with sky jacker shocks
All aux lights are KC
Banks Power muffler
Banks Power CAI
Hard Top
Soft Top
Bikini Top
32*11.5 cooper tires
American racing rims
Bolt on stinger
Welded on receiver on front bumper
After market rear bumper
Herculined inside of tub

The bad

gas tank skid plate needs replaced.Rusted and missing a big section in the middle.
Oil is leaking.seen some fresh oil on the front to screws of the oil pan.
Rear axle had/has a problem.There is oil splattered all over the tub above the rear.Not sure if its been fixed.

Cost he is asking 12,500
KBB for excellent 9,500

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I am looking to buy another Jeep since mine will not pass state inspection.I found a 98 sahara but think they may be asking way to much for it.Any and all input would be great.

Lots of pictures on there website at AUTO BUDDIES, INC Web Site - Vehicle Details: 1998 JEEP WRANGLER

The good things

All aux lights are KC
Banks Power muffler
Banks Power CAI
Hard Top
Soft Top
Bikini Top
32*11.5 cooper tires
American racing rims
Bolt on stinger
After market rear bumper
Herculined inside of tub

The bad

gas tank skid plate needs replaced.Rusted and missing a big section in the middle.
Rear axle had/has a problem.There is oil splattered all over the tub above the rear.Not sure if its been fixed.

Cost he is asking 12,500
KBB for excellent 9,500

Seems high to me, but given your area, it's hard to say.. Oil on the tub above the rear axle is usually a TC seal. So you'd want to check the TC fluid level. Missing a big section of the skid seems sketchy as well. Even with the tops and what "extras" it has, it's not worth $3k extra IMO.

Sound way high to me... It's looks like its at what we call a pot lot, or small car lot business that buys high mileage cars, details them and put a high price on them. I'd say 6-9k.

:DHow's the frame?

Check the obvious. Heater water pump, exhaust manifold, heater fan, blend doors. Crawl under and check u joints and axel joints,tre, track bars. Take it for a ride and be sure the heater works, it doesn't overheat or not heat quickly. Heater works and no shimmy, DW or bump steer...
Take it to check for CELs. Youdon't want any headaches at this point.

If you buy it paint the tan over in the interior. I near threw up looking at that.

And those side steps will rot from the inside quickly. I had them on my f150 when I lived there. Lasted all of 5 yrs.

And was up whith the passenger kc light?

Seems high priced and I'd have to see the soft top on to consider it a plus.

Last edited:

It is on a used car lot.they buy all the trade in vehicles from the dealer ship.
I have been under it.Frame looks in good shape.Everything else under it looks good except for the skid plate for the gas tank,which concerns me on why that is the only rotted piece.It runs smooth,have not had a chance to take it for a ride,I had to go back to work.

xt master said:

The good things

All aux lights are KC
Banks Power muffler
Banks Power CAI
Hard Top
Soft Top
Bikini Top
32*11.5 cooper tires
American racing rims
Bolt on stinger
After market rear bumper
Herculined inside of tub

The bad

Cost he is asking 12,500
KBB for excellent 9,500

I think it's way over priced. I bought a 2000 Sahara, 4.0l stock for 9000.00. Hardtop, jeep in good condition. Then put the extra money into what I wanted.

Attachments

• image-1799460814.jpg
    image-1799460814.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 192
  • image-856684845.jpg
    image-856684845.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 190
  • image-3005915855.jpg
    image-3005915855.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 252

Took another look today.Found some more minor problems.Tried to negotiate a price.He was only willing to come down to $12,000 if I didnt take some crap warranty he was offering. So I will keep looking and some other sucker can buy it.

Use edumunds used car and look south like Allentown or reading. Saw a 2004 for 10k and like 70kmi. Blue or green

Back