Whats up with gas prices???

Rural Iowa Price Update
Sunday ---- $1.49/gallon
Tuesday---- $1.72/gallon

Hope is slows down soon....The good news is if I buy the 98 TJ That I am going to look at. I should get more MPG. My truck gets around 12 MPG :-([addsig]

Heh...with gas getting so high now I wonder if it would be cheaper to just convert to propane. I know it burns a lot cleaner but I don't know how much money you would save. Has anyone converted a YJ to propane?[addsig]

I agree with far right..."buying gas sucks" I live in sunny southern california and for 87 its $1.89.....BULL%*#@. Romp. :-x [addsig]

i just fill up when I get to half a tank left so it doesn't seem like im making 2 car payments :lol: I'm having to tap into my modding stash for gas looks like that SOA might be a little further down the road now :-( [addsig]

Just glad to have a 4 banger! Things are starting to get bad but just wait. tug is going to build a wood burning furnace on to the house this summer. Big Garden out back and may have to buy me a hog or two. Reload some shells and set a trot line this year. Country boy can survive. Heck we may have to fire up the still! I live in the land where the moon comes over the hills in quart fruit jars. Tug :-D :evil: :-D [addsig]

Looks like I'll be stayin' at Tug's place this summer! lol About that price gouging thing that was talked about earlier..... I have to agree that it's nothing but crap. In my part of town (the not quite so nice sector) prices are between $1.56 and $1.63. If you travel two minutes in any direction it jumps to $1.74! That's just insane! There's simply no reason for it except to line the pockets of the oil industry. I can't remember the last time I had to take out a small loan just to fill up my gas tank for a couple of weeks. This price hike has gotten to the point where I've had to do just about every mod to the engine and exaust that's necessary to increase my M.P.G.

With the rising gas prices and the slow of the economy not only is it hard to find a decent paying job and still be able to gas up my Jeep for daily driving. This will be my second week not being able to attend my college class for the simple fact that I dont' have enough money to make the payments on my bills, and still be able to afford gas for my weekly trip 15 or so miles away. If my teacher wasn't so leniant in letting me hand in my assignments via E-mail, I would have to fail the class and lose my grants.

Now I ask you, is it so hard to keep a steady regulation on the price of gas? The simplest answer is no. State and federal comitties have other things to do appearantly than to tend to the easy task of price gouging. The day of 9/11 - there were gas stations that hiked their prices up from $1.29 to $2.00 or more. This is increadably unexceptable! Yet with the threat of war lingering over our heads, the gas companies of America have found yet another way to drill into our wallets and pocketbooks.

I, for one, love this great country we call America. I share the same concerns and emotions for everyone on this board. But the line has to be drawn somewhere about the hanus act that the oil and gas companies are inficting in this grand nation we call home! But that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.... :evil: [addsig]

mmmmm biodiesel....

Although prices are high, watch what happens after the war (especially if SOCOM can
prevent the oil fields from being torched). Once the FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) is
passed, prices will drop back down.

In reality, the prospects of war with Iraq are causing the market shifts. The BS in
Venezuela is the one actually hitting the price at the pump. We get next to no oil from
Iraq, but quite a bit from Venezuela (~10% of world imports if I remember right).

Clearing up the issue in Iraq (if we can save the fields), would, in time (months) cause a
massive price drop (from ~$30 now to ~$18 to $22 per barrel I'm guessing) because the
massive oil reserves under Iraq would not be under OPEC control. Even though it would
take a year or more to bring Iraq up to capacity, the prospect of such an event should
have a positive effect on the market.

The problem, as I understand it, in Canada is the politicians (and we have our own still in
the states) who still think that cutting gas taxes means cutting revenues. They don't
seem to understand that if the cost to do something (like a pointless roadtrip) is lower,
people are more likely to do it, and thus buy more gas, thus generating more revenue
even at the lower rate.

In all, I'd much rather suffer through short term spikes in prices than to have a
"regulated" price that ends up being twice as high as we average now.

Okay. That was my soapbox. If I pissed you off, send me an e-mail.
jcooper-at-nevernight-dot-net

Cooper.

edited by: jcooper, Feb 12, 2003 - 09:39 AM[addsig]

Gas prices are going to get alot more expensive once BONEHEAD Bush gets his way invading Iraq. The price for a barrel of oil will be $45-$50 watch what happens to the already lousy economy then. I'm not used to paying for gas, I drove trailers for 15 yrs before going into the office and delivered gas for almost 10 of them. All the drivers tapped the trailers and got free fillups Damn I miss that.....lol :lol: [addsig]

Well, "bonehead" Bush wouldn't have to be doing this if blowjob Clinton would've done his job. Be that as it may, gas prices will always go up and down. It's always gone up in times of war, whether there is a republican or democrat as president.[addsig]

Well, "bonehead" Bush wouldn't have to be doing this if blowjob Clinton would've done his job. Be that as it may, gas prices will always go up and down. It's always gone up in times of war, whether there is a republican or democrat as president.
As an enlistedman I spent 2 1/2 years in the Persian Gulf fighting terrorism under Clinton.
I would much rather have served under a dunce with common sense than a Rhodes
Scholar (Clinton was the first President to be one). People underestimate straightforward
common sense and place too much emphasis on the educational elite.

To put it simply I understand those people (Terrorists and those who support them), it
was necessary for my survival. Bush is doing the right thing. And it's only just
beginning. You'll be suprised at the change of attitude in the whole Middle East
(states who support terrorism) once the paper tiger (USA) puts some steel in it's
words.

Cooper.

Oh yeah, gas is expensive in Baltimore, MD too.

edited by: jcooper, Feb 12, 2003 - 02:29 PM[addsig]

Its COLD up here in the north, oil needed to heat the homes..
Politics...
Supply and demand...
Fear of war and other media bs....

On other words, bend over, and pay. Way it is, way it always will be.
[addsig]

The Camel Jockey at the end of my street just raised his price from 1.63 to 1.79 in one day, This is getting ridiculous :-x .............Bullet[addsig]

Back