wheel spacers ?

dennyray

i have a 2002 wrangler ridding on 33x12.50x15 mickythompson mtz mounted on 10x15 wheels.im looking for a meaner stance to the jeep. And was woundering about adding a 1.5 0r 2" wheel spacers to the front or the rear but not both, are these things safe to run i've herd good and bad being it puts such a load on the factory studs and pre loads or applies more preasure on the bearings is this true ,i can see the strain on the front as far as streeing but not on the back ,any input on this ,i'm not having rubbing issues just looking for a different look for the jeep thats it ,thanks

i just got a set on my cherokee in december and i think they work fine, mine were 1.25" from spidertrax and they were the first company to invent wheel spacers, installation is a snap

image-3566694231.png

and it did give me a more aggressive stance

image-1842352839.png

i origionally got them because my tires were to big 30x9.5x15 and they rubbed the front control arms in the front, onve i had them installed i only had to trim a little of the inside of the fender but then they stuck out to much in the back and they dont tuck anymore :/

image-1014771395.png

(thats not sag its a flex lol)
so whenever i carry over 500lb the back en sits so low the fender rubs the tire (a problem i diddnt have before the spacers)
so now i had to buy a lift to get the fender off the tire without trimming it, the moral of my story is, make sure you will be happy with the ammount of tuck you will get with your tires sticking out farther before you buy it :)

Attachments

• image-1523434314.png
    image-1523434314.png
    769 KB · Views: 507
  • image-3054997817.png
    image-3054997817.png
    648.5 KB · Views: 486
i hope this helps :) i definatly love the look spacers give, it makes your stance/posture mora aggresive and its well worth the money

if installed properly and checked regularly, they are fine.

But with a 10" wide wheel that probably does not have a lot of backspacing to begin with and then pushing the tire out another 1.5". doesn't matter front or rear, your gonna have some issues. Your rear wheel bearings will suffer or your front unit bearings and ball joints will suffer.

So say you get after market rims and it makes the tire come out further than a stock rim. Would this have the same effect as spacers as far as cuasing issues goes?

MattMayTJ said:
So say you get after market rims and it makes the tire come out further than a stock rim. Would this have the same effect as spacers as far as cuasing issues goes?

i believe so

i really dont think it changes anything about how your berrings wear, ive had mine for a few minths and it doesent seem to have damaged them at all

It will put more stress on the front bearings as it changes the scrub radius. When cornering and parking it will put alot more load on the bearings. But I run them and don't really care what wears out.

And they companies had to get them DOT certified to sell them normal street use so they are safe enough to be legal.

I used to read all kinds of stiff about people saying stuff wears out and breaks faster but I don't know anyone it actually happened to. And a lot of autocross guys ran spacers on their cars

the weight of the vehicle is distributed through the tires to the ground, if you move the weight 1.5" to 2 " further out it definitely puts more stress on bearings and ball joints, probably never have any issues unless your getting air time on a regular basis...

if you do decode you want a set i went with spidertrax and they actually created and tested the origional wheel spacer

Ya spider trax is a nice piece. I run them. They have the hub centers for the rim to center the rim on the hub and take the load off the lug nuts

oh yes, get hub centric wheel spacers. definitely

Back