Wheel well carpet ideas

geopig

Hi all,

So I sold the carpet out of my YJ today since it hadn't been in there for 4 years. The guy that bought it really wanted the wheel well carpets so I took them out and added them to the package. So I'd like to put something on at least the top (but hopefully the top and sides) of the wheel well for the odd occasion that I have passengers in the rear so they don't roast their arms :flamethro on the wheel well (black jeep, top always off, sunny So Cal.). I have a couple of ideas myself but before I begin I know there are some very ingenious people on this board that may have some input and experience as well. All suggestions very much appreciated.

Cheers!

go dumpster diving at a carpet place - or just ask them - the surfaces are flat (i.e. easy to cover) = you can use just about anything you want and either mount permanent (glue down) or removeable (strategic use of vel-cro) but carpet places are usually the best choice and most times will give scraps for free....

I would go with a rust-colored, deep coarse shag carpet. YOu could get matching dingle balls for across the windsheild.

or more seriously, go to the above metnioned carpet place and get some thin commercial style carpet that would be easy to brush off or vac. I would use velcro to mount it, sewn to the carpet and stuck to the Jeep. You could glue it in but then when it gets old it would be a mess and a PITA to replace.

I would go with a rust-colored, deep coarse shag carpet.

Rust, I really had lime green in mind. To each his own I guess...

Yeah, I figured some scraps of indoor/outdoor carpet would be the best.

yea... but if you went with the lime green carpet you have to paint your jeep that wonderful avacado (sp?) green color and dont forget the yellow upholstery for the seats! (btw... do they make bean-bag seats for jeeps?) hehehe!

Back