Wheels for 77 CJ5

BadgerWI

Good Saturday morning,

I have a question after talking to several customer service reps over the phone and hanging up with more confusion that I started with. I'm looking to put BFG 32 11.50 15 tires on new wheels but am not sure of the bolt pattern width and backspace required.

I believe my current wheel is a 15" 8 5X5.5", but am suspect as I once wrote down 5 x4.5 in my manual. Not sure of the backspace.

I'm looking to get advice for the proper rim to run. Sites direct me to a 15" x 8 5x5.5" with 4" backspace.

My questions are;

Will the tire look ballooned on a 8" width wheel vs. a 10" that one salesperson said I could run?

Is the correct bolt pattern for a CJ5 5X5.5 and a bore of 108mm or 4.25" for the center hole?

Lastly what is the correct backspacing, 4"?

Thanks all,
Rob

From what I seen in Google volt patterns for a cj 5 is 5 x 5.5. Now as far as rim 8 inch should be fine with 11.5 wide tire I run a 31 x 10.5 on an 8 inch looks fine and I can hold a bead with 8 psi in the tire. As far as back spacing that would need to be figured out. How wide is the tire now and how much back spacing do you have. If your not sure you can always pull a tire off and measure it. The more back space you have the wider your jeep will be but more stress on bearings and bushings.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

OK, xt master thanks for the info. I have fender flares on front and rear and took your advice, measuring with the wheel removed. Looks like 4"would take me to the edge of the fender. Think I've found a Pro Comp wheel that will suit the bill. 5 on 5.5" is the ticket with no worries on a 15 x 8" wheel, even taken down to low psi for sand. Thanks for the insight, much appreciated! BTW. see that your in NE PA. Lived in Limerick Pa for several years, and loved it. Thanks for the brotherly love.

Back