Where to put KC lights?????

rtoney9

Shift Lever/Linkage

Hey Guys and Gals.
I am looking at getting 2 6" round KC daylighters and would like some suggestions on where to mount them? bumper, hood, windshield hinge, or what???? thanks

i had them on my bumper, but just ordered a set of the hood mounts... gonna give them a shot up there.... ill let ya know when they get here

I like em on the bumper and mounted far enough back to protect them in the woods. That way you will not have the glare off the hood and windshield of higher mountng points. Tug

DO NOT GET A ROTABAR LIGHT BAR!!! I hate it, it shakes way too much, I like my bumper mounted ones. I wouldn't mind getting those hood mounted ones. Another one to think about is the windshield hinge mounted ones. They look cool there, but I had to get rid of it to mount my mirrors. I regret getting those winshield mount mirrors, they shake to much too.

I mounted my KC's on the windsheild hinges and I love'm there :) There really isn't that much glare off the hood. I hear that if one goes the lightbar route that you get mad glare. However I have the factory fog lights on the bumper and if I didn't I would have but my KC's there. Oh and get the 150 watt lighters if you can. They light it up like crazy :twisted:

Mine are on my bumper and they are great for road driving. I am gonna mount a set on the windshield as well.

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to get the 6" round 100 watt. I think the best place for me to mount them will on the bumper directly under my headlights. That should allow for a good lighting place with no glare. Thanks for the input.

Back