Which of the following should be done at the dealer?

laredo2006

For a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7 4WD

1. Change Tires: Adding Firestone Destination LE 2
2. Change front stabilizing bar links and bushings / Moog Parts except bushings from dealer for rubber compound
3. Change Brake Pads / Wagner Thermoquiets
4. Change Rotors / Centric Premium Rotors w/ Black E-coating
5. Change Power Steering Fluid w/1 Quart Mopar® Hydraulic fluid/Power steering fluid p/n 5142893AA/ Fluid from Dealer
6. Brake fluid flush / Fluid from Dealer Which one though? (MOPAR® Brake Fluid DOT 3, SAE J1703 (If DOT 3, SAE J1703 brake fluid is not available, then DOT 4 is acceptable. Use only recommended brake fluids.)12 oz. Bottle - p/n 04318080AB or 32 oz. Bottle - p/n 04318081AB?)
7. Change Spark Plugs and Air Filter/ Champion Copper and Fram or K&N Filter
8. Inspect Tie rods, boot seals, cv joints, wheel bearings
9. Check power steering pump, belts, pressure valve, hoses
10. Check the entire steering rack (rack and pinion assembly)
11. Check and replace as needed all Differential and Control arm bushings
12. Check my steering column, gears and bolts, as well as u-joint coupling in the steering column
13. Check pitman idler arm, Steering damper, steering shaft, steering center link

Thx

If you do not work on your cars then, I guess all of it.
You can save quite a bit though by doing some of it on your own like.
check piman arm, brake pads and rotors, check steering column, bolts, u-joints, check steering pump and belts, hoses, check tie rods and boot seals, cv joints, wheel bearings, change brake and steering fluid, spark plugs and air filter. I would have the dealer do all your bushings, new tires and maybe check your rack and pinion, thats about it. will save you a lot of money.

Back