While sitting round . . . . .

HiHood

doing a little "on line genealogy" I came across a name in the old records of Arizona. After some cross referencing and tracing events sell records etc., We, wife and I, decided to go exploring. So we loaded up the truck :)cry: B's not running yet:cry:) ,typed an email giving cordinences and direction in case we had problems to a nearby relative, and off we went. The date goes back to 1863. We had no need for any heavy wheeling, matter of fact, never even locked the rear end, let alone 4wd but we had fun enjoying the AZ landscape. Took a few pics of what we found . . . .

Attachments

• Saint Juan Silver Lead 010.JPG
    Saint Juan Silver Lead 010.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Saint Juan Silver Lead 049.JPG
    Saint Juan Silver Lead 049.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Saint Juan Silver Lead 077.JPG
    Saint Juan Silver Lead 077.JPG
    524.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Saint Juan Silver Lead 098.JPG
    Saint Juan Silver Lead 098.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Saint Juan Silver Lead 109.JPG
    Saint Juan Silver Lead 109.JPG
    563.9 KB · Views: 95

So......is that the ol' homestead??

Cool pics, BTW.

Very cool! My fiance and I are both fans of trips like that (no matter if 4 wheel drive is required or not) and love to get off the beaten path and find stuff like that too. Great find and it sounds like a great trip!

That looks like alot of fun. Did you happen to find anything family related - like a gravestone or something?

That looks like alot of fun. Did you happen to find anything family related - like a gravestone or something?

The miner anscestor involved was buried in a cemetery in AZ around the turn of the century (1800-1900) and we found his name recorded but in the old days "common" folk were marked with wooden head stones. These have returned to earth.

cool pics,it would take me a long time to get used to the dry weather,although i would like to see arizona some day

Cool Pics HiHood! I'm really fascinated by the Historical stuff. There is several miles of the old Tweetsie Railroad that is now a small road that you can follow that winds through the mountains. There is a couple of places where they blasted out that is just big enough to get through. Hard to believe a train used to roll through it.

137-1.jpg

Back