Why am i not reading much pressure?

sweetpeet

As you can see I have a fuel reg and a gauge. My problem is that it's not reading very much psi. It's suppose to be around 6 and I've checked for leaks. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Something I noticed and i don't know if it matters or not but I noticed that there was this knob on the bottom right of the carb that was kinda wet and had a small pool of liquid on the mani below but it didn't smell like gas. May just be condensation tho.

image-1994307342.jpg

image-2582305914.jpg

are you not wanting hte pressure regulated to 3psi? thats what its set at, according to the gauge.

if you have a mechanical pump, it might just be on the way out and is just not putting out the old 7psi it used to.

it could be condensation. almost everyone knows about vapor lock but not a lot of people know you can also ice over your intake and carb. my ghia used to do it alot when i was stationed at ft benning for some reason. i never had a vapor lock issue there but i always had ice issues in the summer. you could be close and that just hte condensation dripping off

3 psi is a little on the low side. If your running this with a manual pump and want more like 5 psi, i would suggest an electric fuel pump that goes up to 7 psi and regulate it @ 5 psi.

I would suggest a electric pump as well. You can get a cheap one a your local auto store for around 30.00. you need a block off plate for you old pump, u just take the old pump off and put the plate in its place. the plates about 5 buck at same store.. I am running one and it is right about a 5-6psi. Dont get the green one, that one is for diesel.

Back