Winch cleaning

LukeBurl22

What is the proper way to maintain your winch and keep it from rusting? By getting a cover I'll keep in what I also keep out right?

I believe a cover would help. I sure dont think it would hurt anything.
I would like to have a cover but for the life of me cant understand why their so expensive.

i got a cover for mine from 4wdhardware for 25 bucks and just because it doesn't say it will work on you brand of winch does not mean it won't and as far as keeping a winch from rusting i have always just kept mine clean and spray a good clean silacone spray on cable and everything esle and if you don't use it alot they say that just running it once in awhile will help in keeping the inside of the motor clean and working well

mine is a rugged ridge brand cover and my winch is a tractor supply store winch, i cannot think of the brand but tis not rugged ridge

image-2558706531.png

Just ordered a winch line cover. I'll let y'all know how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

I figured it will still keep all of the grime out of my cable. Only $15

I just asked cause ur fairlead is made for rope u might want to consider a fairlead with the wheels on it ur cable will chew in to that one and damage the cable

kingmega said:
I just asked cause ur fairlead is made for rope u might want to consider a fairlead with the wheels on it ur cable will chew in to that one and damage the cable

Oh that's not a pic of my jeep, it's a pic from the website where I ordered the cover. It hasn't come in yet

Wait a minute, you mentioned yours is metal cable, so the better choice is a WINCH COVER, which will cover the whole winch body including cable.
The cover in the picture is only a ROPE COVER for synthetic rope.

Back