wiring help needed asap

captjanes

i recently installed checker plate in under my doors for rocker panels. when i started my jeep up my dash console wouldnt work. but when i hit my brake my all my gauges and lights would work and my speakers would crack. so i start looking for a ground. i found a bad ground in the harness under the drivers door. the ground was there beacuse when i rivited the checker plate on it struck the harness. i fixed the harness and my gauges are still not working and now my horn is not working.. my radio is not working and my inside dome light. everything else works all turn singals brake light reverse light, heater, engine starts and runs fine.. i can hear the relay clicking when i try the horn but the horn doesnt work.. it worked earlier today before i fixed the harness.. i hope it is not my clock spring.. is there anything else i can test to ensure that it is not my clock spring?? i also thought that my gauge board/ dash console may be give out because awhile back i was loosing my volts gauge and speed gauge.. any help would be great

I know you said that the relays are clicking, but recheck the wires. Also, you should look at your fuses. A lot of the electrical components on these newer Jeeps work off of ground.

x2... recheck that you didnt nick other wires under the door, and check all fuses under your dash.
really sounds like a fuse.

found another wire grounding.. everything is working now besides my horn and i can hear relays clicking.. i will check my wring for the horn later today

Back