Worked on this for over a year, looking for feedback.

Maintenr

Hey guys,

I have been working on a free platform for car enthusiasts, you can the gist of features on the website: https://www.maintenr.com/

If you ever saw some of the $10,000 systems mechanics use to manage customers, this is something like that (but cooler) for personal use to manage your cars.

I also created fuel tracking component that integrates with your service schedules (smarter way to track your fuel unlike GasBuddy/etc):

http://blog.maintenr.com/post/75601579662/introducing-smart-fuel-tracking

We have about 500 beta users at the moment, if you want to check it out you can use this link to by-pass invitation only page:

https://www.maintenr.com/vip/betaconfidential

Let me know what you think.

- Aleksey

Well, uh huh.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 253
Seems very thorough and easy to use in general. I used the mobile site. Below are my only complaints thus far. image-2124375406.jpg What is the difference between jobs, services, and schedules? I added an oil change and all 3 increased their count. Or do I completely misunderstand the green jumble at the top?
image-3439575232.jpg What do the lines say in the drop down menu after "starting..."? At no time am I able to see the full text of this field. image-1155617002.jpg Your header covers the calendar pop up when adding a service.

Thank you for giving a try, the mobile version has it's issues (I'm actually working on a mobile application that will give you a better experience).

"Difference between jobs, services, and schedules? I added an oil change and all 3 increased their count."

Services is something you add to a vehicle, as in a task. For example oil change is a service, transmission swap is a service so it a tire rotation, etc etc.

Let's use oil change as an example, you have a vehicle and add a new oil change service that will give you options that are tied to that service:

- Schedule
- Job

Schedule allows you to setup service alerts (alerts you get when your oil change is due) at a specific interval so let's say I want to recieve an alert every 3 months starting today. In 3 months from today you will get an alert (via email or phone number if you verified it) that your oil change is due and we will generate a 'job' which is basically a 'record' that you performed the service.

You would follow that link and once you finished oil change you simply pick 'completed' and save the job for your own records (you can also enter odometer/comments/etc).

You can also create a list of jobs you completed before (if you wish).

Hopefully that explains it a little, I'm not sure what do you mean by 'all 3 increased the count'. If you get a minute please try out the full web site just to see where this is going.

Thanks for reporting those bugs, starting at is cut off (mobile only) but it's basically says starting at the date you enter above, as in every 3 months after the date you enter. And that date picker looks pretty bad, I will try to take care of that as soon as possible.

Appreciate it!

You really have a lot of services available to choose from!!! Are you going to add specialty tools, like a brake caliper tool? I didn't see any of those. I think it would be neat, but I don't know if it would annoy super enthusiasts as I'm just a part time monkey, to see an asterisk line on the page after you have added a job that reminds you that you need a special tool. But, like I said, I'm small peanuts who rents a tool because I don't do the job often enough to buy one. I would find it nice to be reminded that, for example, I need to go get a pickle fork before I have the jeep on jack stands. But that might annoy super mechanics who would be like, 'of course I need that. Does this website think I'm stupid'. If you add those tools to the toolbox, then the site will remind you anyway if the tools are not selected in your toolbox, right?

I would also like to see a small space for notes, esp in the fluid change section. After changing the size of the space by adding a locker and changing the cover, the number of quarts of diff fluid I need changes from the factory spec and it would be convenient to be able to remind myself. It would also be convenient to note things like fluid weights, spark plug gap, or brand I prefer.

I suggest you add lubing the zerk nipples. Tons of jeeps have those and many owners could probably use a reminding that it's part of routine maintenance to grease them up. Lol

You really have a lot of services available to choose from!!! Are you going to add specialty tools, like a brake caliper tool? I didn't see any of those. I think it would be neat, but I don't know if it would annoy super enthusiasts as I'm just a part time monkey, to see an asterisk line on the page after you have added a job that reminds you that you need a special tool. But, like I said, I'm small peanuts who rents a tool because I don't do the job often enough to buy one. I would find it nice to be reminded that, for example, I need to go get a pickle fork before I have the jeep on jack stands. But that might annoy super mechanics who would be like, 'of course I need that. Does this website think I'm stupid'. If you add those tools to the toolbox, then the site will remind you anyway if the tools are not selected in your toolbox, right?

I would also like to see a small space for notes, esp in the fluid change section. After changing the size of the space by adding a locker and changing the cover, the number of quarts of diff fluid I need changes from the factory spec and it would be convenient to be able to remind myself. It would also be convenient to note things like fluid weights, spark plug gap, or brand I prefer.

I suggest you add lubing the zerk nipples. Tons of jeeps have those and many owners could probably use a reminding that it's part of routine maintenance to grease them up. Lol

Yeah speciality tools are a bit tricky since the format is not universal, still thinking on how to do it properly. It's a tough cookie to crack.

When you add any service, you can enter comments every time you perform a job for your own records (not sure if that what you need?).

Is there a special technical term for 'zerk nipples'? I'm not a Jeep guy (I own 1995 540I) so that sounds a bit funny :)

Thanks man!

That is exactly what I mean about comments. I must of overlooked the comments option. I have nystagmus and it is easy for me to miss things on the screen. Makes me a horrible video game player.

Zerk fittings, or grease fittings. I'm Appalachian. We have back woods names for stuff.

I'm trying out your gas portion of the site. I've done a partial fill up and a full fill up. Easy to enter info. Easy to read results. I would like to suggest a link on the dashboard of the mobile site that takes me directly to the fill up info. Is that possible? I don't want to click on my vehicle, then click on manage fuel, then click on add fill up. I would find it convenient to click on 'add gas to /my car/' from the dashboard and be opened directly to the page where I enter the gas info.

Is there a spot to give my car a nickname? That might be kinda neat and personalize it even more.

And you mean thanks chick. ;)

Last edited:
Very cool website - I really like the feel / layout of it. The idea of adding all my sockets to the "toolbox" seems a bit daunting, but I'll admit to having bought the same torx, or deep set sockets more than once because I didn't know I had it.

I've actually built a similar website to track maintenance - CarBot. I had the same problem as you - tons of work going on, but no way to keep track of it.

Do you plan on charging for the service in the future?

Back