Wrangler JK Problem search (Need Help Please)

blokenshed JK

I’m looking for OtherJK owners to comment if any of the below faults you have experienced

In August 2010 I privately purchased a 2009Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, this Vehicle had only travelled some 35,000 km, itwas about 1 year old and was in immaculate condition with numerous accessoriesfitted. This vehicle had from new a manufactures 3 year transferable warranty(Fully transferable from owner to owner up to 3 years)

The vehicle soon developed mechanical, electrical and internal fittings faults thatprogressed to a serious degree over the following 24 months.

To date experiencing some 25+ repairs needed and over 30 attempts at the local serviceprovider, this totalling in the vicinity of $30,000 in repair costs under warranty.

That’s around $400 in repairs and servicing forevery 70 litre tank of gas or 300kms. The warranty provider along with the local service provider has to date been unableto rectify most of the repetitive ongoing serious faults over this time with upto 15 attempts to repair a mechanical sway bar fault and multiple warninglights.

Repair attempts and workmanship has been extremely shoddy and has clearly corruptedthe vehicles reliability and usage along endangered safety of the vehicleoccupants when the front crossbar / stabiliser draglink was not bolted up aftera diff housing replacement.

Due to the above issues I made multiple attempts over several months via phone calls,emails and visits to the local agents in Dunedin to try to rectify thesituation. After no satisfaction I decided I needed out of ownership of thisvehicle and could not morally sell this problem and needed the warrantyprovider to take responsibility.

The more noise I made the faster the agents and Jeep ran and hid.

I amtaking Legal action against jeep here in NZ for several aspects towards costand compensation.
I am toldthat other jeeps don’t have these issues and believe that their defence is tostate my issues are because I abuse my vehicle, my Wrangler is around 97%tarmac 3% light/moderate off road use and is in no way thrashed or abused.
It onlytakes a Google search to see that im notalone but need responces to this post to show these faults are wide spread.

Provided here is a brief shortlist offaults experienced...as below.Please comment If you have had anyissues related to my issue list below.
3X axel Ujoint breakages, Diff locker issues,Track bar / Crossbar/ panhard bolts,15+ sway bar warning lights, 1X complete swaybar with motor replacement, 1x swaybar motor replacement.1x swaybar wiring loom replacement.Rear axle replaced.
Engine HTleads, took 9 weeks to get, lol.
Auto Transmission Hot Oil Warning light.
Auto Transmission delay to drive,
Auto Transmission odd gear changing and revs.
Multiple warning light issues. Bas/esp,
Multiple warning light issues. Airbag.
Multiple warning light issues. ABS
Multiple warning light issues. Break warning.
Multiple warning light issues. Batterylight.
Multiple warning light issues Electrical (Z) light
Or all warnings going mad with tachometer bouncing with audible chiming.
Power steering broke main pump shaft
Radiator electric cooling fan replaced.
Head rest auto fold system repaired 4X
Shift leaver coming apart.
Clunk in hoodlining.

Main axel housing replaced.
Belt idler and tensioner replaced.
Rear doorhinges replacer..
Front Axelseals leaking
Replace clockspring ? $744 worth (jeep recall)
Break hose replaced
Steering damper replaced
Transmission hose kit replaced
Axel locker sensor replaced
Vehicle K13recall???
Wiring broke at Alternator plug,

Vehicle Starts but won’t rev over 1500 rpm.
This list is the last 2years of my Wranglers life. $30,000 worth, that’s ½ of its new cost here in NZ.

Please commentif any of the above sounds like your Wrangler, feel free to add extra problems experienced.If it’s not related to my issues pleases . As long as it’s a 2005-2012 Wrangler withany of the same issues, it doesn’t matter where in the world you are please respond.

Direct Email to me at jeepwrangler@consultant.com otherwise please respond via this post with any issues listed above.
The idea is to show many others have the same issues and it’snot related to vehicle abuse.

Will let you all know my outcome with Jeep and any success.

ThanksCraig in NZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble but I don't think that this is a widespread problem with Jeep vehicles. They are typically very reliable vehicles. Seems to me that you got a lemon and Jeep or warranty company should replace it or buy it back from you. Keep us posted as to what happens.

Have you spent $30,000 (NZ) on these repairs, or did the dealer end up doing 30K worth of warranty work (at no cost to you)?

Is it possible that the Jeep was either beaten on the trail or wrecked before you bought it?

Back