WTB: AMC 304 parts or whole engine

jd110boy

Since I haven't had any bites on my 304, I am looking to finish assembling it. I am looking for connecting rods and .030 over pistons. I would also buy a whole engine, cheap(oil burner, non-runner, doesn't matter), and must have good rods. I am west of Chicago, IL. Please let me know what you have and make sure to include a price.

There is no way that no one has 304 parts sitting around. Please? anyone?

I have a complete 304 long block that ran fine when I pulled it out. Only thing is that I'm on the West Coast. Let me know if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out..

Sorry, I am looking for something closer to the midwest. Shipping would be more than I want to pay for the whole engine. Thanks, though.

I have 6 of the 707 rods (bought them for my stroker, then realized V8 ones are offset AFTER I have them resized and balanced!

I'm on the Southside of Chicago and have one in my garage that needs bearings, that I'm dieing to get rid of !! Let me know if you're still interested. I have everything but a fan for it. Plus lots of other CJ parts.:shades:

Carnuck - I am really looking to get 8 rods at one time, thanks.

Eagle619 - I may be interested. Did the engine spin a bearing? What year was it out of and what do you want for it?

Not sure what year it is, think it was out of a 84-85, but not positive. The engine was starting to smoke when the previous owner pulled it. I bought it, put it on a stand and then got another engine for only $75 and dropped that in my Jeep cause it was running fine. I'd like to get at least $100, but I'm willing to talk. I've faded on interest of Jeep items and wheelin since losing my job, so I'd rather get rid of some of the parts that are taking up space in my garage. Let me know.

Carnuck - I am really looking to get 8 rods at one time, thanks.

Eagle619 - I may be interested. Did the engine spin a bearing? What year was it out of and what do you want for it?

If you still have 2 good rods, you'd only need to resize and balance 2 to match. (they are all 707 casting after 1971 for 304 and 360. The 258 used the same casting, but offset ground the rods for V8 won't line up right. Doh!)

I am struggling with whether to go 360 or 304. There are a couple 304. locally and all the 360s are farther than I want to travel. At this moment, I am waiting to see if another 360 pops up in the area.

I have a whole 304 v8 just had a knock probably spun bearing, but it has exhaust manifolds i also have headers has a two barrel carb but i do have a 4 barrel intake im in northern missouri. If interested let me know.

Back