XCL lift

cody77

hey guys and gals i've been reading a little bit about this extreme coil link suspension lift from black diamond. its supposed to completely replace the factory YJ leaf spring suspension and from what i understand, swap in what's basically a TJ coil spring suspension. but anyways. has anyone heard anything about this or have an opinion about it. is it worth the money ( somewhere in the 2-3K range)? thanks for any input[addsig]

i wouldn't think its worth it... everywhere i read people say that leaf springs flex much better than coils... and for $2-3k you can build quite a monster.[addsig]

I dont really think its worth it B/C you could do a very nice SOA lift with custom Alcan springs for less. The Kit is very nice just not for the money. The kit is so expensive because it dosn't just replace the leafs with just any coil. It replaces them wiht coil over shocks. Big difference.[addsig]

Be alot better off buying a TJ and putting the extra moneys into the newer Jeep. Just my 2 cents Tug[addsig]

I was considering doing the same thing. However, I changed my mind. I think that it would be better in the long run to buy a newer style TJ that has the coils on it. Also, I have the 2.5, and I just need more than that. So in 2 years I am going to buy a TJ with the staight 6 in it. Thats just me thought. I herd the XCl kit works awesome!
vavs[addsig]

what about as far as ride quality on the road with the XCL? i had thought about doing a SOA but then with all the things i've read on here i think i've just about changed my mind since most of my driving (for now) is on road. i'm pretty much just looking to smooth out the ride as much as possible until i get out of college (3 1/2 more years), then when i've got the money i'm planning on swapping in a newer chevy 4.3 in the place of my 4 banger and use it for my trail ride.[addsig]

I agree with vavs. When I first heard about the coil conversion on a YJ, I was interested so I did some major research. I found that the ride just isn't good and that the conversion is quite in depth. I finally decided that around the end of the summer I am going to sell my 93 YJ and buy a TJ with a straight 6.

TARSI[addsig]

Back