Xj motor time.

I just came from the salvage yard and they said they are getting a 97 in next week... think I should get the block or just get another non ho?... have you ever built a renix on chryco block before... I'm just wondering the amount of work involved... I read a lot of forums before I posted this but sometimes people who write write ups get paid to do them so they know more than the usual fix it guy... I want an opinion from a fix it guy not a pro writer upper... lol... and as you know I'm bout to have to do something... I got 4 neon injectors, a steering column from a 88, a set of tailights off a 90 xj, and a power steering pump cap for 65 bucks not bad... they had no more neons so ima have to go to another salvage yard...

It all comes down to what ya wanna do. You can do a new block to old head its not that much work just have to make sure the accesory holes are all there. The 4.0l block from a reman is the same block from 88-99. I just looked into it and have the chrysler reman book right here. I wish i got paid to do write ups. Lol. That would be sweet. I just love helpin out if i can. Jeepin is my hobby second to photography and most of the time i have my camera right on my lap when im wheelin. Thats a sweet score. I couldnt even get a column up here for 65 bucks.

XjShake said:
I just came from the salvage yard and they said they are getting a 97 in next week... think I should get the block or just get another non ho?... have you ever built a renix on chryco block before... I'm just wondering the amount of work involved... I read a lot of forums before I posted this but sometimes people who write write ups get paid to do them so they know more than the usual fix it guy... I want an opinion from a fix it guy not a pro writer upper... lol... and as you know I'm bout to have to do something... I got 4 neon injectors, a steering column from a 88, a set of tailights off a 90 xj, and a power steering pump cap for 65 bucks not bad... they had no more neons so ima have to go to another salvage yard...

There both easy builds with a non ho you can vet a newer head to gain more power i dont know the difference i think there the same after the head but the only way to clean that engine is to tear down clean rebuild you could try valvoline high milage and just change every three thousand valvaline people say there all the same but there not on the bottle in the test mark it says it has an additive to help leaks even in there conventional look at it next time you are by oil

XjShake said:
I like the durability of the I6

There is a sticky in thr cherokeeforum.com go to how to and then stroker they have bout twenty different ways to do a stroker on a 4.0

I was reading and a couple of guys were talking about how the strokers are not worth the money and effort... is this true? They said it puts a lot more stress on the motor... you guys have any experience with them?

XjShake said:
I was reading and a couple of guys were talking about how the strokers are not worth the money and effort... is this true? They said it puts a lot more stress on the motor... you guys have any experience with them?

No experience but i am a mechanic and i have never heard of that i could see how they would think that with longer rods but its not true totally safe to do it i think it is worth the money

Back