Xj ******* pack

Thanx mopar... I went and accidently stumbled across the same lifted springs I have in my jeep... What are the odds..... only problem I got with that is I still don't know exactly how much lift i have

How much of a lift you have is pretty subjective. Depends on how long they are on the Jeep, how many leafs are on it, if they have a overload pack in them, if they were overloadeded, ect...

I have double stacked 2 complete sets of XJ leafs, stock in good condition and minus the 2 of the main leafs and got approx 4.0 - 4.5" lift out of the 2 sets.

Are there any markings on the leafs, coils, shocks, or shackles on the Jeep now. What color are the coils? Best we could do is guess on what brand they are if lifted by PO. The are a S-load of lifts mfg out there.

There was a stiker for zone offroad so I assume that's were the lift came from... I have to look at the codes on the leafs but the coils are black, shocks are plain white, and the boots are all red... I should have a pic in my profile... Also would there lift and 33s cause my brakes to be soft

Most lifts generally do not affect brakes. However bigger tires are more heavier and have a larger rolling resistance and take more energy to stop. Upgrading to steel brake lines, newer, or bigger calipers, and vented discs help a lot with braking, better pads... IE.. semi-Ceramic, EBC, or performance pads help stop faster, with less brake fade; but will eat up OEM Discs. Also any minor seal leaks in calipers, rear wheel/master cylinder, brake booster can cause musshy / poor brake peddle or worse.

Pins and U-bolts are pretty cheap and readily available at a lot of 4wd and parts stores.

Which spring in the pack did you brake?

I broke the eyelet off the main leaf... some guys I wheeled with had a bright idea off unhooking the chain off my axle and hooking it up to my lift shackle and when they yanked on me it snapped my leaf spring... They are supposed too be the pros in my area but now I know... I replaced all shoes, pads, drums, rotors, wheel cylinders, and master cylinder but they are sill hesitant to stop

I just found my lift to be a 4.5 aal from zone... also would it be easier to tighten my tilt bolts or replace steering column

I have in the past taken 2 complete set of XJ OEM stacks. Double stack 2 XJ leafs per side, less the one main eyelet leaf per side. Gets about 4-4.5" lift. It rides like a pickup truck when done, increases payload, and looses some flex. Make sure other leafs are not cracked or bent. If they are cracked the metal has been compromised , you may want to toss that pack out if they are damaged. If just the main Eyelet leaf is damaged you may be OK to double stack em.

The tilt column is adjustable... tightenable. Column repairs require specialty tools; a steering wheel puller, column calapsing tool, and snap ring plyers Could use 2 flatheads and needlenose plyers instead). Available for rent at some auto part places. It is sometimes cheaper to repair the column. Sometimes it is just quicker to replace entire column used out of a Jeep parting out from a local forums section, CL, or JY. Look for a good lock cylinder and bearing adjment on complete column.

Adjustment is generally cheaper, replacing column is quicker and somtimes easier.

Thanx mopar.... I think I'll just replace it.... I need a new blinker switch and I have to tilt my steering column to start my jeep...

Sounds like internal damage in tilt linkage and needs a switch. Switch new is prolly at least $20 by itself. Prolly cheaper and easier to replace column with a known good used colomn.

I broke the eyelet off the main leaf... some guys I wheeled with had a bright idea off unhooking the chain off my axle and hooking it up to my lift shackle and when they yanked on me it snapped my leaf spring... They are supposed too be the pros in my area but now I know... I replaced all shoes, pads, drums, rotors, wheel cylinders, and master cylinder but they are sill hesitant to stop

Went thru the same prob, a larger master cylinder will fix the issue. Bigger piston = more fluid movement = more caliper movement = more brake pressure. I pulled the one off my 90YJ ( BBC project). As for lift, i went 6.5 rought country and a spring over in the back.

I got a booster and mc off a 99 xj... I mounted them today but won't have enough time to make some brake pines until Thursday... I had to remove my washer fluid but it didn't work to begin with

Back