Yj hard top

Brask12

Just bought a Jeep yj 1991 and cannot get my hard upper doors to line up with the hard top when I try to shut the door. What am I doing wrong here? I have the doors with the sliding windows..

Attachments

• IMG_20150908_163117994.jpg
    IMG_20150908_163117994.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 26

Welcome to Jeepz.com!

Are you talking about a gap between the windshield and the upper doors, or something else? Do the doors shut at all?

Does the front side, back side, or top of the door hit the hardtop?

Are you sure they aren't TJ hard uppers?

How do I tell?

There wasn't much difference between the CJ and YJ when it comes to hardtops - they are pretty much interchangeable. The TJ however had a different windshield angle from the YJ - I believe that the YJ had more of an angle or rake to it, while the TJ was more vertical.

I don't believe there is any adjustment in your windshield.

Put the hard uppers on and post some photos of what doesn't fit right. I'm guessing that the hard upper is hitting your windshield.

From bestop

Notes
YJ version have one sliding window per side, which slides from the back to the front.
TJ versions slide from either the front or the back.
Each window contains a toggle latch for security and tinted tempered glass.
Sliders are sold in pairs and fit into lower steel doors

There wasn't much difference between the CJ and YJ when it comes to hardtops - they are pretty much interchangeable. The TJ however had a different windshield angle from the YJ - I believe that the YJ had more of an angle or rake to it, while the TJ was more vertical.

I don't believe there is any adjustment in your windshield.

Put the hard uppers on and post some photos of what doesn't fit right. I'm guessing that the hard upper is hitting your windshield.

I read that the windshield should be exactly 75 1/8 from the top of the windshield frame to the tailgate on both sides. I have the hard top off I'm going to get those measurements and put the hard top back on. If it is still off I will post pics of the misalignment..

Back