YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A REAL JEEP IF...

This is a Truism.
I have ruined countless pants and even a few coat pockets. On different model Jeeps. :)

Agree'd. I actually posted a while back about this. I wasn't sure if it was my big ole rear end getting hooked up on the square door striker or vice versa. Come to find out, I've lost countless belt loops and the significate other has too. :lol:

We actually did a tandem belt loop removal one day. Both got in at the same time and we both lost a loop.. :D Dang, I Love my Jeep!

Agree'd. I actually posted a while back about this. I wasn't sure if it was my big ole rear end getting hooked up on the square door striker or vice versa. Come to find out, I've lost countless belt loops and the significate other has too. :lol:

We actually did a tandem belt loop removal one day. Both got in at the same time and we both lost a loop.. :D Dang, I Love my Jeep!

LOL. It is pretty common. I always heard and thought is to be only possible in Jeep CJ / YJ wrangler bodies. So when my wrangler ate the belt loops I though nothing of it. Jacket pockets tho. :x But when some Jeep XJ old and new I've had ate my belt loops, at first I was flustered.

Now I just accept the fact that all Jeeps love clothes for a "Sometime snack. :D:lol:

LOL. It is pretty common. I always heard and thought is to be only possible in Jeep CJ / YJ wrangler bodies. So when my wrangler ate the belt loops I though nothing of it. Jacket pockets tho. :x But when some Jeep XJ old and new I've had ate my belt loops, at first I was flustered.

Now I just accept the fact that all Jeeps love clothes for a "Sometime snack. :D:lol:

Happened with the CJ's but the TJ has a voracious appetite so it seems. I am on a twelve step program related to the belt loops but it seems like every time I get excited I forget and invariably ruin another pair of pants. Oh well small price to pay for where she takes me.

You know you have a real Jeep if you keep count of how many pounds of welding wire you've spent on it [ 3 so far, a ways to go yet].
The interior is at least 5 colors not counting any painted metal.
Everyone refers to it as your "Toy", as if it'd be kinda crazy to want to drive it on a daily basis.
When people look at it and how much rust it has they get this look on their face as if to say. " I'd have walked on past this pile o crap" and just don't seem to see it the way you do.

You know you have a real Jeep if you keep count of how many pounds of welding wire you've spent on it [ 3 so far, a ways to go yet].
The interior is at least 5 colors not counting any painted metal.
Everyone refers to it as your "Toy", as if it'd be kinda crazy to want to drive it on a daily basis.
When people look at it and how much rust it has they get this look on their face as if to say. " I'd have walked on past this pile o crap" and just don't seem to see it the way you do.
True, every scratch or dent on my rig has a fun story behind it. Also, the kids can wack the side of the Jeep with and errant ball now and then and know that Dad's not gonna get upset. Those kind of dents leave good stories too. But, if a baseball wacked the side of the Willy's though............

True, every scratch or dent on my rig has a fun story behind it. Also, the kids can wack the side of the Jeep with and errant ball now and then and know that Dad's not gonna get upset. Those kind of dents leave good stories too. But, if a baseball wacked the side of the Willy's though............
Ya know there's a certain freedom in not giving a crap that most people never know. I know people that'll waste most of their day off cleaning, polishing and waxing something the bank owns and they'll trade in 6months. If their kid hit it with a baseball they'd have a heart attack. My son and I had a good laugh when we wiped the side mirror of my Cherokee off on a tree.

1. you get mad if it snows out side and the plows have allready been threw
2. the drive way is the alltenate route into your yard and the ditch is main
way in to the yard
3.you cant wait for spring to get mud on the jeep and take the top off

you can drive later into the night then you could previously because the tire noise and wind noise keeps you from falling asleep at the wheel.

i just learned this one christmas eve on the drive to my wife's grandma's house

you know u have a real jeep when u have a shed full of spare parts for the just incase it breaks

if u have 3 sets of rims and tires one for winter one for just driveing around and another set just for offroading and weekend playing

when ya realize ya never really quite fit in , because your one of those jeep things.

Back