your opinion here!!

dirtybird

Bought a 01 cherokee sport 2wd. i want to customize it but not sure direction to take it. Lowering is out of the question and lifting a 2wd seems strange. Anyone have any ideas?

Best upgrade you can make is 4 wheel drive.

dirtybird said:
Bought a 01 cherokee sport 2wd. i want to customize it but not sure direction to take it. Lowering is out of the question and lifting a 2wd seems strange. Anyone have any ideas?

Well if you're dead set on keeping a 2wd instead of 4wd, which is fine, you could go for a fast jeep and super/turbocharge it or put nitrous on it. I have a 2000 lifted Cherokee and I'll be putting a cummins in it after college, so you could do an engine swap as well. Just have fun with it. Maybe some interior kits like brushed metal or wood and some upgraded speakers. But whatever you do, for God's sake please don't put big rims and low profile tires on it. That's just a disgrace to jeep owners everywhere.

Ha ha! You guys are nuts! I did get another block for a core and I'm getting the stroked built. Should be pretty cool! No big wheels for me, I don't like that kind of attenton anyway. I repainted my stockers and will upgrade tires when I need new ones. Just put new shocks and swaybar endlink kits all around and my stereo is a Sony explode HD, Bluetooth headunit. I have polk 6.5s in tje corners and a went with a L3 12 inch sub and changed my amp to a JL Audio 500 watt monoblock.

I really want the clear signal/lens covers instead of the amber ones in front.... Anyone know where to find them?

Ya id say either do the 4x2 - 4x4 swap or just make a street truck out of it. Ive seen a few street performance cherokees and grands and they seem to do pretty well on power with the straight 6. Basically bigger rims, low pro tires, exhaust, paint, engine and trans mods, could make it pretty mean on the strip! lol dont even need to lower it.

AJSHORT40 said:
But whatever you do, for God's sake please don't put big rims and low profile tires on it. That's just a disgrace to jeep owners everywhere.

I think I saw a law somewhere that in some countries that is punishable by death.
Could be wrong tho.

I put a single chamber flowmaster on and got the wheels and tires on. Next I'm doing the 1.5 lift and some lights.

Attachments

• image-2243077526.png
    image-2243077526.png
    1 MB · Views: 231
Thanks you! Yesterday my 8 year old and I repainted all the door trim and bumpers satin black. I opted to keep the molding to help door ding defense... Right now I'm just collecting parts and doing some homework on making the swap to 4wd. I want to lift it before doing the swap, (more room to bust knuckles and curse).

Back