I am in the middle of building me a motor dont laugh but so far I have a 2.5 lt bored over 30 and am about halfway done with a major port job on my head, I would have never guessed there is about a 1/2 of extra metel on the intake ports that you can get rid of just to make it flush with the port, i am looking for a mid range cam so that i can make more power from the 2500-4000 I called crane cams and they kinda laughed said they have never heard of some one wanting to put a cam in 4cyl jeep but they could probally custom grind me one for some ensane price, and if seems no one make any high performance parts for the 91-95 yj but you can find some things but not a lot for the 97-03 tj anyone have any ideas thats not going to cost me over 250.00 by the time its done I dont want to have a grand on a 4cyl and so far the rebuild kit cost me almost 350.00

Marc

Good job on rebuilding the 2.5L for power, I think it's a good light engine.

Check with www.cliffordperformance.com for a cam, they specialize in 4 and 6 cyl. engines.

I have a Mopar Performance cam for my 2.5L, sitting in the garage waiting for me to put it in. Got it from a jeep dealership brand new on ebay for about $40. DC discontinued the Performance shafts and they were moving like hotcakes.

Mine is a 256*/.450" lift cam.

Check around, you may be able to find more Mopar Performance cams relatively cheap. You can also get lots of 2.5L performance info at 4Bangers United Forums.

hesco, jakes, clifford and accupower all have cams for the 4 cyl. Call comp cams also they used to make the mopar performance once they may still have a part number for it.