just curious... warn YJ coil spring conversion....

LVRockCrawler

anyone remember back in the late 90's when warn put out their coil spring kits for the YJ's??? i was just thinking about that - I've seen one but thats it - i remember it used a xfer case skid to mount the control arms but wondered why i dont see more of it (besides the $1500 or so price) and if they even still make it... like i said - just curious.... anyone here try it or know someone who did?

Yeah Warn, it was the Black Diamond kit I think. Pro Comp also makes one. I think they are pretty nice, decent flex and ride for what I believe was a bolt on kit. But might as well buy a TJ. Kinda spendy. The real trick is to do 1/4 eliptical springs front and rear with control arms.

the only thing about them is you spend that much money to only be able to not upgrade it later. if you dont ever plan on going any bigger than 33's or 35's than it might be worth it but with the 1/4 elipticals and soa's theres always room for improvement. i think theyre too pricy and would just buy a tj to get coils on my jeep, not that i want them

Lot of money to get car springs under a jeep ;)

A local jeeper here has run it for a few years, wheeling all over the country with no problems. I don't think he plans on changing anything, but I haven't asked him if there was anything he would do differently.

The balck diamond kit uses coil-over's and the Pro Comp uses regular coil springs. The pro comp one is around $1200-$1300 and the B.D. kit is well over $3K after you buy the 3 seperate components needed.

I think Bounty hit the nail on the head.

didnt really think there'd be this many replies... i was never really interested in getting the kit - like the leaf setup - but like i was saying - i was just curious if they still made it after all the hype i remembered when it came out... but i also agree w/bounty - which is why i never really considered it...

well sure i did... but then i came up with somewhere between 1500 to 3000 reasons NOT to! - its hella cool and i have seen one here in the valley a few months back --- if it were affordable i'd like to try it but the cool factor aint worth the $$$$

Well the BD kit with the coilovers basicially turns the Jeep into a watered down rock buggy. That is an awesome suspension, not even in the same catagory as a TJ with a standard coil lift. It is not for a daily driver.

Back