gas cap

djc321

RE: Re: RE: Custom Built YJ

Thanks for all the oil leak answers in my previous post. Now I have a new question. My gas cap sometimes spits gas back, so I bought a new one. That one does the same thing. Let me say they both fit loose. Is ther e something that fits tighter so i don't get this back flow of gas?

The caps should be vented. Is the one you got vented?

Even if the old one was, it could have easily been plugged up.

'98 Manual Cherokee Stalling after Hour(s) of Highway Drivin

How would the cap be vented? You can wiggle the cap and turn it off with minimal effort.

RE:

Oh, I thought you meant it spit gas back out when you take the cap off....due to built up pressure.

If that's not the case, are the threads on the filler neck stripped out or anything? Maybe go to an auto parts store and see if there's any other caps that fit tighter (ie more than one size available).

It should still be vented either way....there's vents built into the middle-ish area of the cap itself.

Thanks for the info. I will see about another cap.

RE: stock suspension what tires?

Yeah, just go to another store and look for a another cap. It shouldnt be loose.

RE: squeaky driveline when off road..?

Hi-Ya djc321,

CJs did not have a screw-threaded gas cap.

A CJ gas filler neck lip has two slots. The gas cap has two tabs which fit into the filler neck slots when the gas cap is replaced.

The gas cap should fit tightly when turned.

Your nearest NAPA or the equivalent should have a gas cap that will fit your CJ.

Regards,

Gadget

Back