Shocks for TJ w/ Skyjacker Single Flex 4" Lift

socal_rob

Bolting Seats into floor of CJ7

Any thoughts on what shocks to buy when it comes time to replace the ones that came with the lift? Are the Skyjacker Nitros as good as it gets? Or are there other solid options out there?

-Rob

The nitro's are a gas charged shock and will be very firm. It really depends on how you use the Jeep which one would be best.

Well, my TJ is my only ride, so I still need it to handle well and be comfortable enough on the road. But I don't want to sacrifice off-road performance too much either. So I guess I'm trying to find a balance there. So far I've been happy with the lift and the shocks. I was just curious to hear what other people like, have tried, etc.

-Rob

RE: Re: RE: small Jeep big flex.

I'm considering Rancho 9000's for mine. I have the 4" double flex with the original SJ Nitros. They're pretty bumpy witht the top off on pavement.

If you were happy with your old ones...

get another set. They are pretty reasonably priced, are they not?

While I'm not unhappy with the Nitros, I too find them a bit bumpy on pavement. I had Ranchos on my TJ before the lift and really liked being able to adjust them. Made for a much smoother ride! Thanks everyone for the feedback...keep it coming!

-Rob

If the Nitros are a little too stiff for you then try the Hydros. I've had about 5 or 6 sets of them now and have been pleased. I had dual Hydros on the front of my CJ5, and they didn't seem as stiff as the single nitros that I had. That may have been a weight issue though, the nitros were on the back.

Back