Lady in need of help... rear window replacement know how?

manydogs

I have a new replacement plastic window with the zipper for my 1997 Jeep Wrangler - softtop. I can't figure out how to get the old window panel off. It zips, but there are two zippers! How do I remove it completely and get the new one on? Which side does it zip off?

My old window got a crack in it and I'm anxious to get the new one put on before it rains.

HELP! :?

original 86 cj-7

Is there just a zipper part on both the left and right hand sides? There should be a zipper along the top too...at least I thought there was...

One zipper, two zipper pulls thingies. :D Unzip one zipper pull thingie all the way to the other one and it should come off. You can zip from either side so just pick one and unzip all the way to the other one if you follow what I'm saying.

Good luck and welcome to Jeepz.

88Wrangles said:
my bad. Newer Jeeps must be different

:lol: and better! :lol:

Sorry 88Wrangles.....I had to throw that in there!

both zippers will pull off on the left hand side. its like a jacket that has 2 zippers... you can zip up from both ends but they will only pull off on one.

Thanks goes out to you great people for giving me advice on how to "unzip" my old back window for the new. It worked! Just in time too, as it rained ALL day. My jeep is nice and dry inside with the new rear window.

forever grateful!

manydogs said:
Thanks goes out to you great people for giving me advice on how to "unzip" my old back window for the new. It worked! Just in time too, as it rained ALL day. My jeep is nice and dry inside with the new rear window.

forever grateful!

You, manydogs, have just been touched by the "Z"!!!!! Welcome aboard and stick around - great people here.

The one zipper and three zipper (YJ) people,
the muds

jumppr said:
88Wrangles said:

Well....If the one zipper on a newer jeep breaks, they're stuck. If one of my zippers breaks, I've got 2 extras :lol:

Ha, can't argue with that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

88Wrangles said:
jumppr said:
88Wrangles said:

Well....If the one zipper on a newer jeep breaks, they're stuck. If one of my zippers breaks, I've got 2 extras :lol:

Ha, can't argue with that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

no but i can..lol..the newer one wont break thats why we only have two you have three cause they plan on urs breaking.... :lol: :twisted:
i had too sry no hard feelings :lol:

Back