Trying to decide on tires... any input on the BFG MTs or Par

CTJeeper

just wondering if anybody knows how these tires perform and wear. Im thinking of the Superlift 4" suspension lift and 33X12.5's or 32X11.5's (depending on the brand) I drive in just about everything, street, mud, sand, snow, rain. Any other suggestions? [addsig]

I´ve had a few sets of Goodyear MT, moderate noise, fair traction (not as good as you´d think) good wear. High speed driving and heat don´t seem to bother them much. Generally have had better luck with AT´s, the MT´s arn´t that much better in the mud and the AT´s are superior in ice and snow.[addsig]

I have 33x12.50 on my jeep BFG mt and I have had 35s on my old bronco I have tried 2 to 3 other kinds of tires. The bgf mts are my favorite I wont go to any other tire. [addsig]

I run the Yokohama Geolander Mudterrains and they're excellent. I've had the BFG's and found them not so good on wet pavement. The Geolanders are excellent on both dry and wet pavement and are also excellent off road. They're also very quiet compared to most other brands of mudterrains. The only bad point about these tires is that they're a little more expensive than most other brands but well worth the money.[addsig]

BFG Mudders all the way, Some people don't like them because of the noise and the hard compound, but they wear very well and have great traction all around. [addsig]

Thanks for the replies... the last set of tires i was considering are the new MThompson Baja Claw Radials, although i will probably end up with the BFGs. Anybody know how they wear and what kind of wet/snow traction they have? [addsig]

I've had my BFG's on for 10,000 km now and love them!!! They're great in the wet, and now that the temperature is dropping I'll get to use them in a bit more in the snow. We've had a few light dustings, but I'm waiting for a kick ass snowfall to really see what they do. The traction in snow definitely is not the same all an all terrain, but what can you expect. An all terrain won't throw mud like these either. Its an easy trade off. The Mickey Thompsons are much louder that the BFG's Supposedly the new compound used in the BFG mud terrain T/A KM is supposed to last for almost 80,000 Km.

BFG Website[addsig]

Back