Red Line transmission fluid

indiemo

I was wondering if people are still using Red Line transmission fluid in their 5-speeds. For a while everyone was talkling about it but I haven't seen any posts recently. I'll probably be changing the transmission fluid soon and was wondering what the consensus is.

not used it in the jeep yet but did use it in my Z28 for the diff and transmission and was very pleased how it smoothed everything out , but like everything you get what you pay for

I'm working on an AX15 in my spare time. It was still recommended, but I had as many hits for Pennzoil Syncromesh as I did Redline. The price is a little more for the Redline, but only a couple of bucks per quart.

Pennzoil Synchromesh is good, and more readily available, but Redline MT90 is full synthetic and it is probably the best choice.

Just don't use GL5. If you use organic oil use GL3 (probably only available at a Jeep dealer and not worth it).

Redline MT90 is the bomb for any AX5 or AX15 transmission, it'll make shifting smooth even in cold weather and if the transmission synchros are on their way out.

Can anyone confirm that you can use Redline in the NV3500s?

i used the syncrhomesh in my AX-15, cost me 30 bucks for 4 quarts shipped. worked great, i love it! the thing you have to look out for is the brass synchronizers (sp?) because normal GL5 will damage them.

south442 said:
Can anyone confirm that you can use Redline in the NV3500s?

Yeah, I am curious about this fluid in a NV3500 too. Getting ready to go buy transmission fluid tonight so I can start up my new Vortec/Jeep conversion this weekend!

(Assuming I get the wiring figured out before then)

Back