Body lift when mounting tub to frame

Heloise

I'm going to be picking up my freshly painted YJ tub to put on my CJ frame on the 26th, and I want to do a body lift at the same time. Any advice? I want to run 44's eventually, but I'm going to start out with 37.5's. I'd also like to do the suspension lift before mounting the body to the frame. :?: Help!

Neia

My advice is to make the body lift minimal. Make all of your lift in the suspension department and the remaining tire clearance be done with a sawzall. You will get the most stable ride that way.

less lift, more tire IMHO.

on a spring under cj, you can safely run 36" tires on a standard 4" lift with fender trimming. this would be an idea set up for off road.

If you want to perform a body lift, anything over 1" over stock is a offroad liability. too much lateral stress on the body mounts.

To fit 44" tires a cj with out cutting a fender, you will need a 3" Body lift and a SOA on a 4" lift springs. you will have many issues, drive shaft angles, COG will be way to high, axle wrap will be an issue, etc..

Lastly, to put a YJ tub on a CJ frame, you will need to cut off and reweld the body mounts behind the front seats.

I would ditch the stock bushings and use 2 hockey pucks for each mount. that would give you about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch over stock

Back