Fuel filter/ pressure regulator install order?

RLBJeep

Going to install a Weber 34 on an 84 CJ. I have searched this forum and others and have the following question..Does the install go Fuel filter, fuel pressure reg. the carb or fuel pressure reg., fuel filter then carb? We will be using a 1 in/ 2 out fuel filter to prevent vapor lock. If we install filter, regulator then carb will the decrease in pressure created by the regulator force fuel through the filter bypass? Wouldn't it be best to reduce the fuel pressure then install the filter to prevent this? Thanks for the help. Rob

not an expert but i've always seen the regulator on the fenderwell or by the carb as the last thing b/4 entering the bowls as you want to know the pressure entering - makes sense as the filter can vary that pressure due to interference or blockage etc... look around for examples - hope it helps... and welcome to Jeepz!!!

Thanks for the advice. I have installed a see through fuel filter before the fuel pump, then before the carb I installed the fuel pressure reg., and finally the 1 in/ 2 out fuel filter. If it does not run properly I will switch the pressure reg. and fuel filter. My main concern now is the correct installation of the required vac lines for the Weber. I am straight on the dist vac advance, pcv in and out but need help on the egr, cto, vapor canister and vac reservoir. I have searched various forums and have found diagrams, photos and am trying to combine them to get it right. Thank you, Rob

I installed the weber with FP regulator and it runs great. I installed a plastic see through fuel filter before the fuel pump then a hard line to the carb side of the engine and then installed the FPR and finally a 1 in/ 2 out fuel filter. Runs great and hopefully the fuel filter before the FPR will keep it clean.

Back