Hard Top Installation

KrazyJeeper

Well, I went to put my hard top back on today and I am one bolt shy. Does anyone know where I can get one? Its the bolts to actually fasten the hard top to the Rails on each side of the TJ. I have three but I suspect one found its way into my daughters room and it is lost to the abyss. She likes to hang around in the garage and tinker with me, but she has sticky hands. LOL Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• p18775.jpg
    p18775.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 257
No but thanks, the ones I am looking for are torx bolts. Tried a couple sites last night with no luck. guess I'll have to do some more research.

What I would do in your situation is go to the dealership and see if you can order a bolt for it. If it's going to be ridiculously expensive, I'd take one of the bolts you still have and go to Lowe's/Home Depot, and try to find a bolt the same size with the same thread size. They have boards there that you can screw your bolt into to tell the size. I don't know exactly what the size is offhand, but anyway, you should be able to come up with something that will work. Also, if you get a different nut/bolt at Lowe's/Home Depot, I would suggest putting the new bolt in one of the middle locations so it is easier to get to if you have trouble removing it next spring. Hope that helps!

By torx, you mean just a normal bolt with a torx head? My CJ7 had torx a first, but I replaced them with regular hex heads.

Would a normal bolt work?

By torx, you mean just a normal bolt with a torx head? My CJ7 had torx a first, but I replaced them with regular hex heads.

Would a normal bolt work?

It should, that's what I was implying in my post. As long as he gets one the proper size, using a washer and/or nut that fits you should be fine.

Yeah, just about any bolt would work, but I guess I;m being anal since I have the other three and just wanted to replace the one bolt. I could just buy the quick disconnect bolts that Terry posted but don't want to spend any money when I only need one bolt. I am going to the stealership tomorrow and see if they have one laying around and then maybe lowes for a pseudo replacement. I'm pretty sure the dang lost one is in the Jeep somewhere but just can't find it. Thanks for help though.

Yeah, just about any bolt would work, but I guess I;m being anal since I have the other three and just wanted to replace the one bolt. I could just buy the quick disconnect bolts that Terry posted but don't want to spend any money when I only need one bolt. I am going to the stealership tomorrow and see if they have one laying around and then maybe lowes for a pseudo replacement. I'm pretty sure the dang lost one is in the Jeep somewhere but just can't find it. Thanks for help though.

Actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the quick disconnect bolts that Terry posted were for replacing the bolts that hold the bows of the soft top to the bracket on the roll bar, not for the hard top.

Back