SOA Jeepers...

Joopin

Super Moderator
What kind / length shocks are you running on your sprung over jeep... I'm in the market and I want to change it up a bit.

I run shocks for a 4" YJ kit, and placed the shock mounts on the axle to suit the length. Proper bumpstops limit compression to make the springs last.

That's really something you have to figure out for your Jeep. I run Rancho RS9000's (#9102) which have a 12" stroke. It is all dependant on your shock mount height and wheel travel. Flex it out and break out the tape measure.

Go find a loading dock with a ramp or a loading dock that goes down into the ground and stays level on the sides. Flex it out and measure. I've got Doestechs but then again my kind of Jeep is totally different than yours. Mine are pretty soft though, got em when I was still daily driving mine.

I moved all my mount to the top as well and I run the cheapest shocks autozone sells. I get about two years out of them.. no clue what make or model, but they have 11" travel on the rears, not sure on the fronts, I know it is a bit more.

Back