has anyone had a light switch go bad 87-95

marc

Has anyone had a switch go bad for the parking lights? I cant find a short anywhere checked the fuses a dozen times my head lights work but my parking lights along with my interior dont i have this problem on my 88 4.2 lorado yj? please help? i am starting to think that is the switch or chance to slim to none that every light bulb is blown what are the odds?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Try taking out the switch and checking the contacts on the inside. Mine went bad and all it took was a little TLC on the switch and rearch the contact springs inside the switch. Try that and see if it helps....[addsig]

I had the dimmer go out, but that wouldn´t affect the parking lights I don´t think.

A few years ago I bought a gizmo on the bargain table at Home Depot. It´s a combo, volt meter, continuity tester (with tone) and a 1X ohms (budget model). Looked kinda like a cell phone with a metal probe on one end, about a yard of cable and another probe on the end of the cable. Believe me this is a Jeepers friend and belongs in every tool box. Wouldn´t leave home without it. It´s muilti voltage and will test everything from a flashlight battery, to you´re house wiring, will even tell you if you´re dealing with AC volts or DC volts, makes testing the diodes in the alternator a snap. And is certified for electronics, the volt meter has a decimal point on the readout. Cost me about twenty bucks and has paid for itself a hundred times.[addsig]

The other day i went out to my 89 yj to find that the battery was dead. I found out that the rear de-fogger switch broke while in the on position. The switch was completly broken and i just went to the junk yard and took the switch off a '91 cherokee for like $2.00.

[addsig]

Marc,

I have a similar problem with my 88 wrangler. Like bigblack said, I probably just needs some TLC. Take the switch out and clean the contacts. I just use a little piece of sandpaper to clean it and it works great. Hope this helps.

Todd[addsig]

Marc, I had the light switch go out in my '88 Laredo, so it happens. What color is your jeep? Mine was dark red with gray stripes. Any pics?[addsig]

Back