What would you use?

• Herculinar Bed liner

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3 Step Kit from quadratec

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

liljeeplover

Rusted floor board!

I have a 1980 CJ7 the floor board is rusted pretty bad. I just bought her and ripped all the carpet on because it was wet. All the holes have been repaired but it still doesn't look good. I was considering putting the
1.Herculiner (Black) Brush-on Floor Liner Kit

or
2. I saw this 3 step process in quadratec.
POR-15 "Marine Clean" Cleaner & Degreaser (Gallon)

POR-15 "Metal Ready" Surface Prep (Gallon)

POR-15 Rust Preventive Coating in Gloss Black (Quart)

Can anyone tell me if these work good or its just a waist of money. The jeep is for offroad and some people have said why waist the money on this. But Id like my olf rusty CJ to look nice too? Let me know what you think or have experienced. Thanks

I did both in my CJ.

I don't think that herculiner makes a very good rust stopper. I would remove the rust with metal ready and paint it with Por-15, then coat it with Herculiner.

So, I guess my answer is both.

Oh yeah, don't get a gallon of POR-15. That's a huge amount. It's hard to properly seal and reopen a can of POR (normally the can is fused closed). Buy the 6 pack of real small cans directly from POR-15. Chances are that you'll only use 2 of the smallest cans.

http://www.por15.com/SIX-PACK-MIXED/productinfo/SPM/

Plus, you can mix and match the colors.

I've used both, I'd stick with the POR15 on the floorboards, at least initially. You can always scuff it and top it with Herc if you want down the road.

Yeah if i was trying to stop the rust on the floorboards I think I would go with POR 15 on the floor. But I do like the way Herculiner looks. ???

Back