Thread: tube doors??

1. tube doors??

does anyone have plans to build tube doors or a set of them that will fit on a '93 YJ??
    "Loud, proud, and country by the grace of god" Colt Ford.

Re: tube doors??

Have you looking into buying new ones? Kinda pricey but they are out there.

Craigs list, I bought them used for a little more than the latches would have cost me.
    Jack

4. Re: tube doors??

I'd like some, but I'm holding out for a set of matching half doors.

I lost my links when my comp went down but I made a set from old tire swings off of S10 Chevy Blazers. The latches that come on them will work if they aren't too worn.

Forums/CORF Carolina's & surrounding states.
    Forums/CCOR Eastern Carolina's.

I have more redneck mods than you!
    1990 YJ 4.2L AX-15 on board 220 amp alternator welder, York OBA with rear bumper air tank, Hitch mount front or rear XRC8, Junkyard tube doors, MC2100, TeamRush ign., 60" Hi-lift w/Jackmate, Homebrew cage add-ons, Homemade 1/4 ton trail rack, removable hood-windshield-tailgate, soda bottle coolant & W/W reservoirs Home built stinger & dual hitch front bumper..............

i havent looked around much, i was just tryin to see what is all out there

Skinney Pedal is selling some nice ones on here right now. They look pretty sweet. http://www.jeepz.com/forum/4x4-vendo...ube-doors.html (Skinny Pedal Tube Doors)

buckshot500 what year of s10 blazer? that is a cool idea, would much rather build doors then buy them

Tube Doors

Here are some plans
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

Dang, that dude's making money. $75, and all he's got to do is grab some stock, throw some bends into it, box it and sell it. No welding, no "fabbing" no worries. That is smart. Robo83, if I were to go this route, I would buy the stock, buy or borrrow a hand conduit bender, and have at it. At that point you would have LESS money in it, and the pride of saying that you did it all yourself.

i have no idea what i want to do yet, i dont know if i even want tube doors, they just look really good

Tube doors are good if you wheeling hard enough, to the point you have a chance of roll-over. Then they keep legs and arms from flinging around so much. But for everyday wheeling, and on-the-road, nothings as good as running doorless. Kick your foot up on the tub and roll. I do agree with you though, they look sweet.

yea i love ridin doorless, i let my leg hang out the door and watch all the odd faces i get from on coming traffic.

14. Re: tube doors??

I am almost done with mine, and will post photos and such then. i got the tubes from www.jeeptubes.com and they were realy easy to fabricate with a small welder and angle grinder.

15. Re: tube doors??

Quote Originally Posted by zowtiak View Post
    I am almost done with mine, and will post photos and such then. i got the tubes from www.jeeptubes.com and they were realy easy to fabricate with a small welder and angle grinder.
    my bad. i did not see that the link above was already jeeptubes.