Exhaust Options???

captjanes

the exhaust on my tj is getting bad and the pipe before my cat is rusting out i wanted to change the exhaust with something new.. i got a banks torque tube exhaust header installed and i was wondering if i should put the stock system back or go with a high flow performance or something like that. BUT i dont want my jeep to be loud but i know with high flow it will be louder but not too loud haha. i would like a high flow for better performance with my intake and TB spacer and 62 mm TB. can any one recomend a system for me and also if i get a high flow muffler do i need a high flow cat as well?? thanks in advanced people

not sure if they make for 2.5 but If you have the cash get the complete banks system

A buddy of mine has the complete Banks system on his motorhome, it isn't very loud, but I'd like to know how loud the 4-banger Jeep system is.

If you price it out, an exhaust shop might cost less than a bolt-in, DIY exhaust kit from Magnaflow or whomever. Just tell them what you want, and they'd probably weld up a nice system for you. It just wouldn't surprise me if those kits just jerked people around.

Just a thought.

A high flow cat back does not do much if there is not a high flow cat before it... As far as sound, I have experiences with Gibson and Borla; I like the Borla better (plus, they are stainless, which helps when running in mud), but neither is exaclty quiet...

Back