Fire Extinguisher TJ Roll Bar??

captjanes

i was thinking about buying a extinguisher for my jeep and i was wondering about where to mount it.. does any one have one or any ideas how to mount one? i wants a good mount cause offroad means alot of bouncing around. if possible i like to see pics thanks

How you mount it depends on the size of the extinguisher. A lot of extinguishers come with their own mounts and you can either screw them on the roll bar or use heavy tie-straps. Small diameter extinguishers can be mounted in pouches with Velcro straps.
39218md-1.jpg

You can get fancier with these billet aluminum modular mounts from Fourtreks @ Modular Fire Extinguisher Mount
DUALFREXT6JPG-1.jpg

Or even these two offerings from PolyPerformance, Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Safety Gear*::*Fire Extinguishers & Accessories*::*Poly Performance Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbro
image-missing.png

and...Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Safety Gear*::*Fire Extinguishers & Accessories*::*H3R Fire Extinguishers Billet Mounting Clamp - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Pit Bu
image-missing.png

Honestly, I don't know many that have chunked out that kind of change for extinguisher mounts but they sure are pretty sweet.

Biggest thing is that the extinguisher has got to be secure in the event of an accident, rollover, whatever. You don't want it flying around like a projectile but it also has to be quickly released and removed for use.

Or for containment of an engine fire you can mount an full or semi automatic fire suppression system like the one in my rig which is a 10# Coldfire unit with dual discharge nozzles under the hood...

Attachments

• coldfire.jpg
    coldfire.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,086
Back